O/T: Dog Being Neutered

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cirrustwi

Retired Moderator
Reaction score
I'm house sitting for my brother and I have mydogs with me. Harley, my lab/rottie mix is going in for hisneuter on Tuesday. I decided to have it done while I'm downhere because it's really close to his vet, so he won't have the stressof a long car trip before and after. I've been postponing it,but now's the time.

I keep telling him, he's losing his manhood. He's been a humping machine the last couple of days, I think he knows....

Jen

Lyndsy: It was so funny. My brotherhas 1 dog who lives outside so he's never really met Harley.Today, Shawn had Harley out on the leash and they were having so muchfun, so Shawn let Harley off the leash and they were playing like crazymen, but Harley was always showing signs of dominance, like trying tohump Chewy and putting his head over Chewy's neck. As soon asShawn got Harley back on the leash to take him inside, Chewy saw hischance and humped Harley. It was too funny. Chewyhas been neutered for 5 years, so....

Jen

Nothing but good thoughts and prayers coming from Tucker Town!

:pray: :kiss: :pray: :kiss: :pray:

-Carolyn

P.S. Oh Brother! :disgust: I just scrolled up the board after I hitreply and didn't look at what others said and saw that I said the samething as Tina. (Girl, we talk too much!)

I just dropped him off. I'm a nervouswreck. I totally wish I had to go to work today and wouldn'thave to think about it all day. They said to call around12:00 to see how he is, but they would call before if there is aproblem. I should be able to bring him home between 3 and5. The waiting is going to be awful until I hear....

:waiting:Jen

Trust that he'll be okay. I'll be praying, Jen.

-Carolyn

He fine!!! I talked to the vet aboutan hour ago and he's doing great. I can pick him up at3:00. He has external stitches, so those will have to beremoved, buthe should be completely healed so Shawn and I cantake him to the beach the 2nd week of August.

Jen

cirrustwi wrote:
He fine!!! I talked to the vet about an hour agoand he's doing great. I can pick him up at 3:00. Hehas external stitches, so those will have to be removed,buthe should be completely healed so Shawn and I can take himto the beach the 2nd week of August.

Jen

PHEW! Glad to hear it! Give him a kiss and a treat from me.

-Carolyn

He's home. My poor boy is stillfeeling the effects from the anesthesia. I've never seen himthis quiet unless he was sleeping. LOL The incisionis much larger then I expected and he licked the stitches and madehimself bleed right after we got home, but I got it stopped.I'll remove the stitches myself in 10 days. I know how and itis a really long drive for a 5 minute procedure. I was goingto schedule my yorkie to be neutered on Thursday, but I don't think Ican handle one more day of stress like that in a week.

Jen

Oh Harley, poor guy. He definitely keepsyou on your toes. They didn't give you one of those oh so stylishcollars for him? How are you going to keep him off those stitches?Bless your heart what a week. I'll be thinking and praying for you andHarley.

Tina

Latest posts

Back