O/T Did anyone start their diet?

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Stephanie

Reaction score
A couple weeks ago a few of us were discussingdiets and how we all made resolutions to lose weight. Did any of youstart a diet? If so, how's it going so far?

I am happy to report that the Dr. Phil eating plan is really workingfor me. I've been on it for a week now and so far have lost 4 pounds.That is more than I thought in the first week, but I'm not complaining.Don't worry, it's not a starve yourself diet, actually, it has meeating more than I used to, so I'm never hungry. It's just eatinghealthy food that I prepare myself, and more fruits and veggies than Iwas getting before.

I'm working out daily for about 30 minutes and drinking lots of water.The water thing wasn't a big deal, as I'm a big water drinker anyway.The working out....it's rough and I have to force myself, but after theweigh in today I admit to being more motivated because I'm seeingresults.

Just had to share the news as I'm feeling pretty good about it. :)

Well, ummmmmmmm, uhhhhhhhhhh --

Let's just say this past week hasn't been too great :(

I'm glad to hear you are doing well,and yourpostgave me some incentive to try to get back on track!

Pam

Support is key. I'm glad my husband is supportiveof this new eating plan. Basically he has to eat what I'm cooking now.Thankfully, the recipes are pretty darn tasty.

I need to eat more healthy but my biggest thingis that it cost more money to eat right. Good luckon your weight loss so far. keep up the good work.

Cristy

I've been dieting, so I guess I can't say that Ijust got started. I was going to go only on sizes. That being the case,I no longer fit a few things any more, which basically means I've gonedown 2-4 sizes (depending on what it is--you all know what I mean). Istill have a lonnnnnng way to go, though.

The love of my life, who listens to me with that5% of hisbrain, didn't listen very well when I told him that I wasn't going togo by weight, but only by clothing sizes. sigh... He bought me a scalefor Christmas (how UTTERLY unromantic). He made up for it with 16 rosesfor my birthday, but I refused to use it for the longest time. Ifinally weighed myself this past Thursday. I won't get on it againuntil next Thursday, so I don't stress about little ups and downs.We'll see about the pounds then.

I've been sick since Thursday evening, so I will probably lose a littlejust because of that. I haven't been able to exercise, though. I'mgoing to try really hard to walk today.

The most exciting thing that's happening is I'm teaching my four yearold to read. I'm using Direct Instruction, which is how my son learnedin Kindergarten. She is only allowed to do one lesson a day (so she'snot overwhelmed), and she hates that and whines when it's over that shewon't be overwhelmed (yes, she uses the word)! She reminds meevery single day that it's time to do her lesson. Not only her readingis improving, but also her writing. It's so exciting, I just had toshare. :D Sorry it's OT

Elf Mommy wrote:
The most exciting thing that's happening is I'm teaching my four yearold to read. I'm using Direct Instruction, which is how my son learnedin Kindergarten. She is only allowed to do one lesson a day (so she'snot overwhelmed), and she hates that and whines when it's over that shewon't be overwhelmed (yes, she uses the word)! She reminds meevery single day that it's time to do her lesson. Not only her readingis improving, but also her writing. It's so exciting, I just had toshare. :D Sorry it's OT
Glad to hear the reading is going so well! It's exciting to share learning with the kids.

Pam

That's awesome, Elf Mommy! About your niece Imean. :) I miss mine sooo much, can't wait for this Immigration stuffto go through so I can go home and see them. It's one of those thingswhere I can't think about it too much because it hurts too much. Hencethe weight gain. :?

Outside influences often have a lot to do with weight gain, I agree. (side note: she's my daughter, not my neice)

I really think a lot of my weight gain has to do with the fact thatonce my daughter was born, I didn't feel any pressure to be "the cuteone" any more---something I've dealt with all my life. My daughtercould be cute, all attention could be on her, and I just kind of "gaveup" on myself. (have I said this here before? if I have I'm sorry forrepeating myself) People paid so much attention to the cute littlegirl, that they didn't "bother" with me.

I know how much of an excuse that is. I just got caught up with so manyother stresses of life (until this year, I changed jobs--moving up theladder--every single year since my daughter was born) that I didn'twant to deal with watching what I ate all the time. (Another poorexcuse, I know) To top it all off, I work in the school system. Thesepeople try to FEED you all the time! I get invited to an administrativemeeting in the morning...they have cinnamon rolls and pastries. I getinvited to professional development...they have cookies and candy onthe tables. I get taken out to lunch, to dinner, to cocktails. OMG! Theshmoozing I didn't know that goes on when I was in the classroom! Iwalk into a teacher's classroom, she's offering me a treat from hercandy bowl. Even I feed people when I do professionaldevelopment. I have an entire hour focused around how to build betterteaching rubrics using ice cream sundaes as an analogy (and I let thembuild their own ice cream sundaes).

So, I've found that it takes a lot of will power to work in my job. Forthe first four years, I didn't have that will power. It has reallytaken a change of mindset for me to develop the will power to "Just SayNo." I have to want to be alive for my kids. My uncle, my godfather,developed cancer at a young age, due in a large part to his poor eatinghabits. Everyone says I'm just like him. I don't want to die youngbecause I didn't listen to his warning.

I also just want to feel healthy. I want to have the energy to runaround with my kids. I want to keep up with an active family offour. I want to go into a clothing store and not be disgustedwith the choices of clothing.

It's time I be the "cute one" WITH my daughter ;)

Well, I can't afford groceries so I'm eating whatever I can find at work...usually cookies or something lol.

I've gone down a lb :( I need to lose so much more I don't think I cando it :( I can't afford to buy healthy food, and I'm always working soI wouldn't have time to make it anyway...blah....someone get meliposuction lol.

Sorry about that Elf Mommy! Don't ask why Ithought you said neice when you said daughter. Maybe I need new glassesagain or something. Wait, old age kicking in early! :p

And MBLM, it is pricy to eat healthy sometimes, I agree. I guess I'm sosick of my belly and thunder thighs that I am willing to sacrificeother stuff (except for anything regarding the buns of course) such asmovies and stuff like that. A big part of my diet is eating more,smaller meals and working out.

Stephanie wrote:
Sorry about that Elf Mommy! Don't ask why I thought you saidneice when you said daughter. Maybe I need new glasses again orsomething. Wait, old age kicking in early! :p

And MBLM, it is pricy to eat healthy sometimes, I agree. I guess I'm sosick of my belly and thunder thighs that I am willing to sacrificeother stuff (except for anything regarding the buns of course) such asmovies and stuff like that. A big part of my diet is eating more,smaller meals and working out.

After I pay rent I have like $50 left over, and that doesn't get yamuch these days! I usually buy whatever's on sale or cheap like Mac andCheese or whatever.

I'm pushin 200lbs whereas I used to be only 125...its so depressing. Iwork 40 hours a week and the days off I have I'm so tired I dont feellike excersing, plus I have a rapid heart beat problem so I getexhausted easily.

I don't really know what to do anymore :(

I finally got most of my training room built inthe basement so I can start training this week. Only sixweeks behind, a simple projectwent into a big one.Whoever built this house didn't know how tomake anythingsquare.

ed

Stephanie wrote:
Acouple weeks ago a few of us were discussing diets and how we all maderesolutions to lose weight. Did any of you start a diet? If so, how'sit going so far?

<----BBB

I've been cuttingback as planned. I had put a couple pounds back on during December andI've taken those back off plus a couple more. So, I'm feeling prettygood about my getting back into the groove. I think a weigh in daywould be awesome. An ongoing support system does wonders for somepeople. I know that you guys are my buds! I have my coffee with youfirst thing in the morning and I say goodnight to you last thing beforeI get in bed at night! I think this would be an awesome place for asupport system. I personally always liked the middle of the week forweigh in days. A lot of the time you get a little off track on theweekend because of social events or the kids being home for theweekend. By the middle of the week you are "on track" again. What doeseveryone think of Wednesday?

RaspberrySwirl

Latest posts

Back