O/T Car Accident

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

FreddysMom

Reaction score
Around 1am tonight I heard a loud crash outside.. I thought a piece of the addition we are building had fallen down onour front lawn...I was VERY wrong ...a girl had been comingaround the corner at what must have been very high speed and hit andknocked a fire hydrant, flipped her car and skidded across ourneighbor's lawn until the chassy side rammed into a tree. Thank Godthis young girl walked away (and I mean literally walked away) withjust a good bang on the head ...the car was a soft top convertibleNissan 350Z ..if it would have hit that tree anyother way, she wouldnot have been so lucky. I am still shaking and shocked of how luckythis girl was.

PLease let this post serve as a reminder to drive safely!!

The car

carcrash006.jpg

carcrash001.jpg

The tree the car hit (thank god for the tree or the car would havecrashed into and totalled mine which is the green car directly behindit)

carcrash007.jpg

THe fire hydrant she knocked over and away about 20ft

carcrash008.jpg

OMG!! That is the best way to get people to slow down , is show thempictures like this. Thank gawsh the girl was ok and no one else washurt, she is one very lucky young lady.

Wow...someone was certainly watching over thatgirl from above! I'm so glad to hear she wasn't badly injured...it onlytakes a moment for lives to change completely. And seeing the pics ofher car...that really shows just how lucky she truly was.

My nephew was in an accident about 15 years ago. He and his friend weretest-driving a motorcycle that Sean was thinking of buying. They weretaking a curve on a road that followed the coastline; Sean was drivingand his friend was on the back. For whatever reason (he took the turntoo quickly, the road conditions, I don't know) the motorcycle slid anddidn't make the turn...they flew off the road and down an embankment.Sean's friend was fortunate in that he fell off the bike as it lostcontrol, and he was knocked unconscious; he later walked away withminor cuts and bruises. But Sean wasn't so lucky. He landed on therocks below, and he wound up breaking multiple bones and sufferingnumerous internal injuries, including tearing his spleen almost in two.They had to perform emergency surgery on him, removing his spleen andfixing the other internal injuries; thankfully today he is fine. But hewas another one I believe was being watched over...they said later theone thing which saved his life was the fact that when he fell, he woundup lying on the rocks, but his body was also in the water...and becauseof the cold temps of the ocean water, his blood flow slowed down enoughto keep him from bleeding to death internally. And they had beendriving down a road that was very infrequently travelled, but extremelyfortunately for them, someone happened to drive past not long after theaccident occured, and managed to call for help.

So we just never know. I imagine this accident will have a huge impacton that young girl's life, hopefully in a positive way. I wonder if sherealizes how fortunate she was...

Very Frightning to say the least !

Thank The Higher Power she wasnt killed, ThoseVolkswagon Bugs normally wouldnt hold up to a treethat size, She is very Lucky the Under Carrage absorbed theimpact,.

We also had a Double Fatal in a few towns over, Again this is a reminder for those who think theyare in such a rush as to endanger everyone elses lives :

A 20 something year old woman On her way to her ownBaby Shower, When she came to an Intersection Awoman in an SUV in that almighty rush blew the StopSign and plowed into her , Killing not only Her Butthe Baby set to be born in 2 weeks.

Subtle Reminder IS

Rushing to get some where todayjust May take the rest of your Life to get there.

Wow, I am glad that she and Sean areO.k. Those stories brought back memories. In 2000,I was in Vermont with a friend and we got cut-off by another driver andmy friend lost control of his truck. We were doing about 70mph when we flipped. I was the passenger. I wasejected from the truck and landed on the side of the road about a 10feet away or so. I was knocked out but when I came to I hadbasically walked away. I had a huge gash in my knee, broke myeye socket, and had road rash on my face.

However, about 3 weeks later, I went back to my doctor and it wasdiscovered that I hadn't been so fortunate with my injuries...I brokemy neck! I was in a halo for 10 weeks! I have somelimited movement but unless you know about the accident, no one cantell! I think of myself as being saved bymyguardian angel!

Here is a pic of the truck that night...

Suv2.jpg

My thoughts are with that girl...I hope she didn't get hurt. Unfortunately, sometimes no one finds out right away.

Sharon

Unbelieveable. :no:

Car crashes - even small ones, always bother me.

It certainly does make you think twice about safety on the road.

-Carolyn

Starlight Rabbitry wrote:
Wow, I am glad that she and Sean are O.k. Thosestories brought back memories. In 2000, I was in Vermont witha friend and we got cut-off by another driver and my friend lostcontrol of his truck. We were doing about 70 mph when weflipped. I was the passenger. I was ejected fromthe truck and landed on the side of the road about a 10 feet away orso. I was knocked out but when I came to I had basicallywalked away. I had a huge gash in my knee, broke my eyesocket, and had road rash on my face.

However, about 3 weeks later, I went back to my doctor and it wasdiscovered that I hadn't been so fortunate with my injuries...I brokemy neck! I was in a halo for 10 weeks! I have somelimited movement but unless you know about the accident, no one cantell! I think of myself as being saved bymyguardian angel!

Here is a pic of the truck that night...

Suv2.jpg

My thoughts are with that girl...I hope she didn't get hurt. Unfortunately, sometimes no one finds out right away.

Sharon

OMG Sharon I would never have known, but car accidents are horrid, Iwas in what looked like a minor accident in December of last year, well3 months later my personal dr sent me for an MRI cause I was stillhaving troubles moving my neck and was having massive headaches.. Whenthe MRI results came back he discovered that I had fractured my neck.

Oh my, the girl in that car was VERY lucky. My sister was in a wreck that broke her neck
and back and paralyzed her permanently, and her car didn't look half as bad as the car
in these pictures!

Sharon, you were very blessed too! To have walked around for 3 weeks with a broken
neck, wow, so glad nothing else happened during that time. If you had even tripped
over something walking, it could have been very bad. So glad you're okay. :)

Kim

Latest posts

Back