NY Rabbit Savvy Vets

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
philososaurus wrote:
Are there any 24 hour vet clinics out there?

You know... god forbid... but just in case.
The Cornell Vet Hospital in Ithaca is available 24/7 for emergencies. I'd taken Scone there late at night a few times.

I just wanted to update all of the rabbit owners out there about Dr. Laurie Hess. She opened her own exotics only veterinary practice 8 months ago. Dr. Laurie Hess is recommended by the NY House Rabbit Society as well as Hop-A-Long Hollow in CT. We have a very active website and Facebook page... please check us out. We treat only birds and exotics, no cats and dogs, soour officeis aquiet and serene for all of our patients.

The Veterinary Center for Birds and Exotics Dr. Laurie Hess 709 Bedford Road Bedford Hills, NY 10507 914-864-1414 www.avianexoticsvet.com

Any rabbit-smart vets in Brooklyn? --besides Hope, I won't go there they nearly killed my dog by over-medicating.

Dr. Saver and her staff at Catnip and Carrots Veterinary are fantastic. Dr. Saver really loves animals and she is so knowledgeable and gentle with her patients. She's also famously known to be accessible to reach off hours by phone if your bunny is in a medical emergency and the office is closed.

I have also used Symphony Vet (Dr. Rebecca Campbell) in the upper west side of Manhattan for my bunnies. I have also heard from many other people including volunteers at the local bunny rescue that Dr. Quesenberry at AMC in Manhattan is also fantastic. She has literally written the book on bunny care, and has many years of experience in exotics.

Does anyone know of any good vets in Ulster county, Greene county, or Dutchess county? I'm in the Hudson Valley (Kingston area) and I don't have rabbits yet but I want to find a good vet before I do.

Shachar Malka, DVM, DABVP
Long Island Bird & Exotics Veterinary Clinic
333 Great Neck Rd
Great Neck, NY 11021
516-482-1101
www.birdexoticsvet.com

Offers low cost spay and neuter on Tuesdays and Wednesdays.

Latest posts

Back