NSW where do you get your hay

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rew

Reaction score
Hi all

I was wondering if you could solve a huge mystery for me that has probably occupied most of my procrastination time for almost a year (and if you knew me, you'd know that that's a lot of hours) where can I get nice fresh hay that comes in a mini bale in NSW?

I've tried getting my hay from kensington produce and pet and garden, but really it's like 60% alright hay and 40% straw-like junk that just gets ignored by my bun.

I can't seem to find awesome nice smelling hay that got good green colour and crisp texture. I know it's out there (hiding from me) because my bun's breeder gave us some the first time I got him and the lady that use to board my bun had them too.

And what scares me into almost caving in to oxbow hay (which would seriously cut into my budget) is the myxo virus that can be in farm hay :(

So anyone know somewhere with good quality hay and reliably safe for buns?

I don't mind driving or paying for delivery.

I would appreciate any suggestions

I buy bales of oaten hay from a feed store called Sultanas Stock Feeds in Schofields. It's good quality and not dusty. My buns love it and I've only had one issue with it so far - one of buns is sensitive and the seed heads were giving her problems but it causes no issues with my others.

If you need more details just let me know and I'll PM you :)

I get mine from sultanas stock feeds. He is my cousin and i know for sure his oaten hay is very looked after. It has not dust on it and is very good quality. Pm me for an address and I'll see if I get get you a discount. And also he does full bales but I think if you ask nicely he will let you take half for half price😊

Thanks for the recommendation! Will definitely check this place out.

I buy from Enfield Pet & Garden supplies. Either order online or pick up in store. Usually buy the bale of oaten hay and also pick up a few small bags of lucerne hay. Have bought Oxbow Timothy hay before (the compressed type as well as loose) despite the price, but bunnies didn't like it. Odd. Buns go crazy over lucerne but I only give that in treat-sized doses, since they're not young rabbits any more (too high in calcium, calories and low in fibre). Had a look in Pet Barn once and was appalled by their hay- yellow, looking more like bedding than food. I guess high turn-over makes a big difference. Dad buys his hay sometimes from a Roselands pet supply store. I'm keen to check out the Scholfields place as recommended by 2 of you. :)

Latest posts

Back