Now He Ate A Cough Drop...

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RatsAndRabbits0440

Reaction score
Same bunny that probably ate the Altoid mint... found a cough drop and he chewed some of it. I have no idea where he finds these things, I think this one was like up behind my nightstand or something from back when I was sick.

He didn’t eat the whole thing, just a couple of bites/nibbles (including the wrapper!) and I think it was the Hall’s brand. I smelled it and it kind of smelled like Menthol, too.

Is he going to be okay? I love how they just do naughty things and then just binky away when you find them and take the forbidden items away! Lol.

(I bunny proof, and he’s gone so long without eating/ripping up bad things. Maybe he’s just being moody and extra naughty right now, haha!)

Your bunny seem to have found his love for mentol. Just keep an eye that he eats his hay and the droppings look normal. If any behavior changes take him to the vet directly. The next 24 hours keep an eye on him.

Next time hide all the menthol from him at a place he can’t get.

Myself never keep food or treats where my bunnies can get them. I have already done all the mistakes with food. Because I was so sure they couldn’t get it but still managed to get what they wanted.

It's not just him being moody and naughty it's your responsibility to protect your rabbit from dangerous situations this can be fatal. It's not like haha please take it seriously. Maybe you don't like my comment but it is true and you must take action now, if you can't properly bunny-proof your home please keep him in a cage that would be safer for him. Hope he'll be alright this time make sure he has enough of hay and fresh water.

My rabbit ate part of a cough drop a while back and he was fine. But every bunny is different and they have sensitive stomachs. I would just keep an eye on him and make sure he is eating lots of hay and water. If he stops eating hay take him to the vet ASAP.

Latest posts

Back