Nothing happier than a binking bunny

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ChrisNH

Reaction score
I have a couple bunnies that I’ve kept apart for well over a year…probably approaching two. I had a fixed male Netherland Dwarf but adopted a rather neglected unfixed female Lionhead. The Lionhead is much bigger, and I kept them apart fearing some sort of ‘fights.’

But over a month ago, I opened both cage doors and let each bunny go over to the other cage. I’d watch carefully to see how they did when they were together in the same cage. They seemed tense but I can’t say they ever ‘fought.’ One time, the female went into the male’s cage and basically stayed there. So I took that as a cue and arranged for them both to be in the same cage. I used one of my home security cameras pointed at the cage so I could ‘monitor’ them from work. They seemed OK, with the only problem being the female being ‘bossy’ about the pellets and water. She’d nudge the little netherland out of the way.

Anyway, this was all during December. I could see that when they slept they did so side by side. And then the whole thing with the noses, trying to force the other one to groom. I have to say that they both are equally attentive to the other.

Yesterday, I cordoned off a big pen and let them run around. It was such a joy to see them binking because, to me, that is a sign of happiness which in turn is a sign of bonding. I put a short video on my FB page that people like watching.

Latest posts

Back