Not sure of breed

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Howard cordingley

Reaction score
I have taken a rescue rabbit who I have named Jasper who was close to death having being found in a park 5 weeks ago. He is about 7 and I have had him vaccinated. But he was refusing to eat any type of hay. I tried all the top brands with no success. He does eat fresh greens carrots etc rabbit muesli and pellets. His teeth were filed last week and since then he has a big appetite but refuses hay. My main question was what breed he is? Does any one know from my pictures? He is very friendly and currently indoors for now.

Attachments

• IMG_0054.JPG
    IMG_0054.JPG
    54.6 KB · Views: 15
  • IMG_0056.JPG
    IMG_0056.JPG
    73.9 KB · Views: 12
If it has a mane it almost definitely has lionhead ancestry. It looks like it has a mane, but it's fur is also in really quite bad condition, so I can't be 100% sure. It is not pure lionhead, has the wrong structure. If I had to guess what it was mixed with, maybe mini lop because of the ear shape (called holland lop here in the US). Either way, the only thing I might confidently call it is "Lionhead Cross".
The color is called Black Charlie. (Sometimes charlies can be prone to megacolon and digestive problems so I personally would have this rabbit on a relatively high fiber diet)

Thank you for your replies this is helpful. He refuses hay but happily eats fresh greens and burgess pellets too.

Latest posts

Back