Not really litter trained?

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dominus

Reaction score
Hello all, aquired a 6 month old Lop from friend's gf. Was told she was litter trained.

Was expecting a few droppings here and there as she's not spayed yet and I have another rabbit, but she poops constantly when out of cage. Earlier I let her out and she dropped 40 pellets not just on the rug ( where his scent is the strongest) but on the wood tiling underneath within three minutes. This seems excessive to me for a litter trained rabbit, even one going through puberty and marking territory.

That’s normal, if it’s a new place and not spayed during teenage period. They will mark everything, so not really litter trained. Might be litter trained in the cage but out in new territory they start.

Often calms down around 1 year but until that time, just keep on training or get her spayed and practice. Take faster and not as much struggle :)

My own bunnies was litter trained as young, around 4-6 months they started to mark the territory. Only stoped after 1 year but they still dropped droppings in new rooms.

Neutered made it to stop and no more new markings outside the litter box.

This exact same situation happened to me when I adopted a 6 month old lop :). We were told he was litter trained, but he was not yet neutered and he marked EVERYWHERE, sometimes including peeing. We got him neutered 3 days after adopting him, and I'm not exaggerating a bit - he has never pooped outside his box since that day. It was like magic.

Latest posts

Back