Not peeing or pooing in litter box

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

EmilyJayneHarlow

Reaction score
For the past couple of days my rabbit hasn't used his litter box, I've checked it everyday and its dry. He's peed on my bed and it seems more than the usual amount. Hes being quite aggressive and some times when i walk pas him he will 'growl' and jump towards me.
I took him to the vets yesterday and they checked him over and nothing is wrong with him, hes eating and drinking normally.
Has anyone had anything like this before?

It sounds hormonal. Is he neutered?

Hmm, not too sure what it could be then. Is it possible you pet him too hard or something scared him?

It's this a new behavior from him before being neutered or just started. Acting aggresive and biting are often because of one of these:
1) Hormonal
2) Pain/sick
3) Scared
4) Territorial

Maybe make his area smaller and try to observe if you can see more changes, myself would also think hormonal. It's he under 1 years old, he might have gone into a "teenage period" which the bunny will often rebell and be a real pesk. Will often calm down after 1 year, even being neutered won't really help during this period. At least it didn't help with my buck.

If he's over 1 year old, what will trigger his behavior to attack, is it only when walking by him or something else. For example fast movements, walking too close to him and so on. You can also feel him and see if he react strange like you touch his stomach, how's his droppings and urine.

It’s a new behaviour, he had an ear infection last month and that’s when he started being aggressive, but the vet checked him over and said everything was fine,
He’s 2 years old but yes, when walking past him he’ll do like a ‘growl’
I’ve not saw much of his poo or urine as he hasn’t been doing it in his litter box, but when he peed on my bed the other day it seemed like a lot of urine

Then it’s highly likely he’s either in pain or scared, because it seem like a defensive mechanism of his after the ear infection.

The vet didn’t find anything, but ear infection does hurt really, at least when I got it as a kid. So he might have gotten a bad experience or still in pain. Maybe restrict his area, try to earn his trust and litter train him again.

Because during the ear infection he would had to gotten treatment, which could have caused a negative connection during treatment period and you. So he have put up a guard.

But keep an eye on him to be sure.

Yes he could possibly still be in pain, the vet told me to give him some pain killers for a week, so will just keep a close eye on him
He peed in his litter box this morning so the pain killers seem to be working

He seems like he’s holding his wee in.. ive let him out of his cage when I got home and he’s pooed every where on my floor, then a couple minutes later he had a pee on my floor, but it was a big one! Like he’s holding it in

Latest posts

Back