Not keen on being stroked :(

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

billythebun

Reaction score
I adopted Billy just over a month ago and we are getting along really well.
The only thing is, he literally won't let me stroke him- not like you see on social media anyway. He never sits next to me and bows his head asking for head rubs! He isn't scared of me, he actually runs around and does binkys when he sees me coming which is so cute. He also will stand up and put is paws on my legs. The only time I can stroke him is when he is eating- is this normal?
I am aware this might just be his personality but I am worried that I am doing something wrong. Maybe it is because he lives outside? I spend a lot of time with him despite him being outside. Does anybody have any ideas...?
(also, in case anybody was wondering, I am looking for a girl bun to adopt and bond with him, so don't worry he won't be alone for long!)
Thanks!

Hey, you’re definitely not doing anything wrong! One of my rabbits isn’t keen on petting at all but he shows affection to me by licking me and lets me pet him time to time after a few months. Maybe if you positively reinforce the idea of him being nearer to you and petting him by giving him a treat when he does well it might help?

Latest posts

Back