Not enough poops, lethargic and high temperature after anaesthesia?

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I know its five years later but I realised I never updated you all, you might be interested.
She died of malignant hyperthermia. It's a rare reaction to certain drugs used for anesthetic that causes a hypermetabolic crisis - severe hyperthermia, muscle rigidity, seizures and death. She was seizing at home before we rushed her in. It's also seen in humans, but thankfully for us an antidote (dantrolene) can be used. Was nothing to do with the competency of the vet - she felt so upset about the whole thing she wiped the charges for all the care. Which, given Charlie stayed 2 nights in the hospital would have been thousands.

We no longer have rabbits, too traumatic to go through all that.
Thanks for telling me about this rare reaction. I’ve never heard about it before and I’m sorry for your loss.

I definitely understand not being able to have a bunny again. After my first rabbit passed when I was 13 it took me over 11 years before I was ready to bring another home~

Latest posts

Back