Not Eating + White Lump Under Skin

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Zaiya

Allison
Reaction score
Hey! I have a New Zealand White buck who stopped drinking and eating hay/pellets a couple of days ago. He will readily eat treats such as oats and carrots, but I can't get him to eat his pellets or hay. He has a crock bowl instead of a bottle for his water and it's not frozen over, so I see no reason why he is not drinking. Any thoughts?

Also, because he stopped eating, I did an overall health check. Teeth seem fine, stool is fine. I'm going to clean out the hutch so I can keep an eye on any new droppings.

However, I noticed a small white lump underneath his skin near his "faculties". Anyone have any ideas as to what this could be?

Don't know how relevant this is (could be cause for loss of appetite), but there is a loose female rabbit running around my property driving my bucks crazy. Both of my boys are intact because they were 4-H show animals, but I am looking into getting them neutered.

Thanks in advance for any input!

100_7832.jpg

100_7834.jpg

It's good to hear that he's eating and drinking again! Keep an eye on his poos and make sure they are normal and make sure he's eating lots of hay :)

I'm not sure what that could be, so the only advice I offer is to take him to a bunny smart vet. They'll be able to tell you what it is and they can run a few tests if needed :)

Latest posts

Back