Not eating stuff he used to eat

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lalena2148

Reaction score
This isn't an emergency, but I wanted to see ifanyone else has or had this problem. Every night when I go to get Drizready for bed, I give him a box of hay, and some greens (and somecarrot pieces). He's had mustard greens before and loved them. Now, forthe last week when I go to get him in the morning, the greens are stillin his bowl all dried up. He hasn't touched them. And he goes for thepellets in the morning like he hasn't eaten in days! But, the hay andcarrots are gone. Do you think there's something wrong w/ the greens ordo you think his tastes changed? He doesn't seem to have gas...he'spretty active (although he's always pretty lazy during the day anyway)and his teeth aren't chattering. I don't know it's justweirdbecause he usually loves his fresh veggies.I might try to getsome parsley and see if he does the same thing. Thanks everyone!

Well, for one thing give him as much hay as he'swilling to eat. There's no such thing as too much hay, plusit keeps them occupied.;)

Have you been feeding the mustard greens non-stop for awhile? I find my buns sometimes get sick of the same oldthing, but if I don't feed that food for a few weeks then they like itagain. Or are they not as good of quality as normal?

It is a good idea to keep track of his eating habits likethis. If he stops eating certain textures of food it mightmean he has a tooth problem like a molar spur. Some rabbitsstop eating hard veggies, or pellets, or hay, or greens, depends on thebunny.

The greens seemed to be good quality.They were anice dark, healthy green and I washed themthoroughly. I did get them at a different store though (rightafter that whole spinach scare). Hehasn't hadmustard green in a while, which is why I got stuff for him. The lasttwo things I fed him were parsley and then the next week carrot tops.I guess I'll try to get a different kind of green. But, justin case, how do you check for a molar spur? Are there any other signsthat come along w/ having one because he seems ok. Besides the factthat this morning when I work him up, he's usually up in the top of hiscondo waiting for me, but he was still sleeping. I swear,this bunny drives me crazy but I love him.:colors:

Update! Went to go buy some parsley andthe store was out. So, I ended up buying Turnip Greens and he ate them!Yeah! :bunnydance:

I'm usually not this crazy about his eating habits, but I'm gettingmarried in 10 days and leaving for my honeymoon in 12 days and leavingDrizzle w/ my folks. I just want to make sure he's eating correctlybefore I leave. I'm just hoping he's not going to give them a lot oftrouble. But, I am going to make sure to bring a list of when I feedhim, what I feed him, and his vet's number just in case.

I won't give my buns mustard greens because Isnuck a taste of them at the produce section and it was so strong(burned my mouth ) that I could never expect my bunnies to eat them..guess that I'm "humanizing" my buns.:D

Latest posts

Back