Not eating much hay and tiny poos

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Great news! Just keep an eye on him and his poos, they should improve when he eats his hay and drinks his water and not getting too much fluff into his belly

Very good, they will improve little by little, keep offering him hay and fresh grass and brush him and he'll be back to normal in a couple days. It is important that his gut is moving and there's no empty spaces in his intestines and poos just keep coming out, it's okay when he does in piles do some belly massage as well if you can. We'll be looking for more pics and updates here :)

Is it ok for him to have a small treat once a day? They just have apple,pellets and carrot

My bunny Robbie doesn't eat much hay ( he's never been a hay eater but he's eating less hay than ever now) and his poos are really tiny . He's eating veggies, pellets and his treats but no hay . What should I do ? It's hayboxclub Timothy hay
You could try mixing in some alfalfa hay. It seems like buns cannot resist the stuff! Mix some in with his Timothy hay and see what happens. I've done this with my boy in the past.

You could try mixing in some alfalfa hay. It seems like buns cannot resist the stuff! Mix some in with his Timothy hay and see what happens. I've done this with my boy in the past.
I can't find alfalfa hay anywhere , I was looking for some for my piggie who needs it and couldn't find any x

Is it ok for him to have a small treat once a day? They just have apple,pellets and carrot
Don't give shop bought treats (almost all of them are unhealthy and they don't need them at all) or fruit or carrot and only a small amount (1tbsp) pellets. Fresh herbs are good treats.

Don't give shop bought treats (almost all of them are unhealthy and they don't need them at all) or fruit or carrot and only a small amount (1tbsp) pellets. Fresh herbs are good treats.
Oh no they are not shop bought ! They are homemade ones from a rabbit shop !

Is fruit bad for them then? He gets watermelon or strawberry once a day

Fruit isn’t bad for them in excess but it should always be fed as a treat. Apollo gets fruit or treats containing fruit no more than three times a week (either 1tbsp if it’s fresh fruit or 2-3 treats if it’s a treat), he tends to get bad poops if he has more that that.

Fruit isn’t bad for them in excess but it should always be fed as a treat. Apollo gets fruit or treats containing fruit no more than three times a week (either 1tbsp if it’s fresh fruit or 2-3 treats if it’s a treat), he tends to get bad poops if he has more that that.
Oh I heard once or twice a day is good x

Fruit has a lot of sugar. Especially if you need bunny to eat more hay, I would cut it out. They don't need it at all. If you do give it, give the tiniest amount e.g. one blueberry.
Oh , people always told me fruit twice a day . I will give it less often

Hey he's really happy right now 😂
Binkying and running around , and chewing his toys which he never does l x

Hi , I didn't realise it before but he's underweight , hes lost alot of weight since I last weighed him , he's lost about 400-500g in 5 weeks , I would weigh him more often but he hates it alot.
How can I get him to eat more ? He's eating less and less as time goes on but still seems happy and active

He's really sleepy too. Okay update to this , hes ok!!

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back