Not Drinking?!

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BunnySilver

Bella - Owned by Silver
Reaction score
Silver, my 8 month old bun, does not seem to be drinking lately. I recently switched him over to a bowl instead of a bottle. I know that he knows how to drink out of the bowl because twice I saw him taking drinks. He is eating, pooping, peeing, and acting perfectly fine but I am just worried because I have not seen him drinking lately (I never usually saw him drink all too often though before). But I have been measuring the amount of water with my finger each day and it does not seem to be decreasing. I tried to syringe feed him some water yesterday and he got stressed and more water ended up on me than in his mouth. Any quick help would be greatly appreciated. Thank you in advance.

I have both bowl and bottle available, so my bunnies have no excuse not to drink :)

Also, refreshing their hay often leads to more hay eating which leads to increased thirst.

Yes I have been soaking his veggies before giving them to him so at least he is getting water like that. If I have to put the bottle back in I will. But in the mean time I just wanted to see if there were any other possible methods. Hmmm I usually just leave his hay in there but I may try that. I recently just gave him a whole bunch more. ;)

Latest posts

Back