Not as many poops

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thank you Jenny, I came here to report that my mini Maxi is feeling much better. The condition lasted for one and a half days, and then we were in our more normal mode.

Maxi never had too watery poops, only the immobility. I recently, well some months ago, underwent some sort of a pain episode, where I experienced for a day or so symptoms of paralysis, combined with fever, and also have had experienced the vibrations during sleep. When I was a child I had a very severe fever with temperature rising up close to the maximum, I was in a semi-conscious state, and remember almost being constantly prompted to fall asleep while my body was shivering. What Maxi was experiencing reminded me of my own childhood.
To be really honest, firstly I am afraid here there are no very rabbit-oriented veterinarians, and secondly Maxi is scared to go out especially when I tell him we have to go to a doctor. It may be funny to some, but he understands me, and I noticed while out and about I adopted some of his gestures and deep states of mind. I even feel like eating food whenever I find a problem I have to resolve.

These days I noticed the fur on the chest had fallen almost in the shape of a triangle, from under the chin and between the front paws to the beginning of the abdomen. I read this may be because of teeth problems. My mother has had implants put in her lower jaw recently, so that might be connected to Maxi's feeling stressed, but could also be related to the fact I give him lots of sliced banana, and apple, all foods not requiring too much chewing.

Overall, I am reading and thinking and hoping that we wont have to visit a veterinarian, ever ...

Sonya

Last edited:
I forgot to add that I believe Maxi and probably many other rabbits use sounds of their own to help their bodies regain some sort of a state more natural to them, or to heal themselves. It is I believe similar to what cats do when they purr.
Maxi is an avid sound maker. Apart from teeth grinding, which I am not sure is exactly because of him grinding his teeth, he often sounds like a big bug, like a bee or a wasp, or a night butterfly. I call this 'boo-boo' sound. He is very sweet while doing it, but I realize that when with this sound, he might be not feeling so well, or might be attempting to repair my own well-being!

I so love this little rabbit... It is impossible to describe how this can happen. I feel like treating him like a cat. I guess that is why the LORD of rabbits has created for those like me 'the cats'.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back