Not Again!!! )=

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Has anyone found a cure for this? My rabbit was just diagnosed. Would anyone be willing to share the outcome?

Has anyone found a cure for this? My rabbit was just diagnosed. Would anyone be willing to share the outcome?
Unfortunately we were never able to find a cure. We did find that doxycycline (which had to be compounded at the pharmacy) worked best at controlling her symptoms. She would do 3 months of it and then take a break. Then when her symptoms returned we’d start her on it again. We also had her using a probiotic at the same time to help her gut health while she was on the antibiotic. (BeneBacPlus, which you can get from Petsmart.) Sorry I don’t have better news for you, but hopefully this helps.

Unfortunately we were never able to find a cure. We did find that doxycycline (which had to be compounded at the pharmacy) worked best at controlling her symptoms. She would do 3 months of it and then take a break. Then when her symptoms returned we’d start her on it again. We also had her using a probiotic at the same time to help her gut health while she was on the antibiotic. (BeneBacPlus, which you can get from Petsmart.) Sorry I don’t have better news for you, but hopefully this helps.
Thank you so much for your response. This gives me hope!

Latest posts

Back