Nose

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

buttercup830

Reaction score
My dwarf holland lop-rabbit buttercup is almost 2 years old. She is a very healthy, happy, hyper, hungry, thirsty and sassy little bean. A few weeks ago she had a GI problem (she wasn't pooping or peeing), this problem was fixed thanks to the vet. I am unsure if that has anything to do with the new problem, which is why I mention it.

She usually has some boogies around the lines of her nose, they are slightly wet and yellowish (but not able to be viewed from a distance, it is minor). After scaring myself with the internet I would like some advice. I remember when I first adopted her they mentioned using saline wipes when she has boogies, so I have been doing that. Is it normal to have a little bit of boogers? She is NOT sneezing (except when she reaches the dusty hay) or coughing, or wheezing, sometimes she breathes a little fast (which i believe is just how bunnies breathe).

So my question is, is it normal to have a SMALL amount of whitish-yellow boogies around her nose? I feel she has had this many times before and it hasn't been a problem, just like sometimes we get a runny nose. But I am a paranoid mother and need advice!!!

-Buttercup + her Mama

It usually a problem when it’s the first time it’s happened. If the shelter has mentioned it, it could be chronic snuffles or allergies. Your vet would’ve likely checked her teeth and done an X-ray if she had GI issues. If they didn’t mention it, I wouldn’t stress. But if your worried, you could call or email your vet with a picture attached. I know it is quite hard to get vet appointments now because of Covid-19 especially if it’s not emergency

The vet did check her teeth and had done an X-ray for her GI (this was only 2 weeks ago) it was not mentioned. Thank you for your advice! I will be sure to post again if it gets any worse. The chronic snuffles is what has me paranoid, do you know if it comes with any other symptoms?

Latest posts

Back