Normal pregnancy characteristics?

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

davidson.bailey0696

Reaction score
I don’t know if I’m just getting impatient and excited for the babies to come but my doe is as far as I know pregnant I watched the buck cover her more than once in here breeding session. Now my first mistake was not documenting the actual date down! But from my memory In my head I was dead sure she was going to have them last week give or take a couple of days. By the beginning of last week she showed normal symptoms such as making a nest and gathering straw I even saw her pulling hair. Then there was about two days where her eating was slightly off normal. So I figured ‘the babies are coming’ it’s been about 5 days since those signs and still no babies. Now she’s really not showing much interest at all in her “nest” Should I be concerned or is this still normal?am I just being super impatient?

Attachments

• 942C12BF-0AA7-4621-B182-2D5B221E9D16.jpeg
    942C12BF-0AA7-4621-B182-2D5B221E9D16.jpeg
    234.8 KB · Views: 3
I’d guess she’s a early nester and is just nesting days before birth. Once she starts pulling hair that’s when I would start to except babies within the next day.
Unless it’s a false pregnancy.
I’d give it a few more days.

Some rabbits will build the nest quite early, even a week or two early. So it could be any day, or several days.

Latest posts

Back