Normal Behaviour Or Nesting?

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
20230423_200108.jpg
Hey Guys,
Curious. Is my lop just doing something that's normal for rabbits or is she nesting?

If she's been with your 3 month old male, then likely she is pregnant. If not, she will be soon (if in contact with male). Are they all being housed together?

In case you weren't aware, as your 7 week old male matures, it is highly unlikely that the males will get along. Be on the lookout for aggression. If no one is there to stop a fight, severe injuries (or worse) could occur. Baby rabbits almost always get along famously. Once hormones kick in, all of that changes.

If you were planning on keeping the babies (if doe is pregnant), be prepared to separate them by sex and then individually as they age. Just letting you know so you can consider how/where to house them all separately.

If she's been with your 3 month old male, then likely she is pregnant. If not, she will be soon (if in contact with male). Are they all being housed together?

In case you weren't aware, as your 7 week old male matures, it is highly unlikely that the males will get along. Be on the lookout for aggression. If no one is there to stop a fight, severe injuries (or worse) could occur. Baby rabbits almost always get along famously. Once hormones kick in, all of that changes.

If you were planning on keeping the babies (if doe is pregnant), be prepared to separate them by sex and then individually as they age. Just letting you know so you can consider how/where to house them all separately.
Thank you so much for all your helpful advice. I had no idea. Atm the two males have been cuddling with each other so I'll be sure too keep a look out. They were housed together till she started attacking them and grunting.

Latest posts

Back