Noisy Breathing!

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sidthebunny

Reaction score
Hi everyone,
I keep my bunny in an indoor cage in the garage overnight, then bring him inside to play for a minimum of 4 hours every day. Today, I woke up to him noisy breathing! He wasn’t squeaking or wheezing I could just hear him breathing a lot louder than usual (usually I can never hear him breathe)
I brought him inside, as it was -4 degrees Celsius outside overnight, so it must’ve been around 1 or 2 degrees in the garage! He unusually did 2 runny poops then what felt like hundreds of dry normal ones!! He’s still inside and i haven’t heard him breathe noisily ever since! In the last 24 hours he’s had apple slices, hay, pellets and greens, so I’m not sure why two of them were wet. I’ve been occasionally touching his nose and haven’t noticed any discharge.
It’s also worth noting he’s undergoing spot on treatment for ear mites. It’s been 4 weeks and he’s still scratching away!!
Do you think he has a secondary bacterial infection, causing him to breathe like that and keep scratching? Alternatively, could it be the cage and the cold that caused the heavy breathing? I’m not sure how serious this is as he’s breathing normally now (I can’t hear him), eating hay, binkying, pooping and sleeping fine!

Oh my if he hasn’t already seen the vet I wouldn’t be surprised if he passed away:( I definatly would say take him immediately!!! He could have a bacterial infection or something worse. Best of luck:)

Wait a second I read the first half and not the second sheesh I am dumb😂 that is a good recovery!!! Ya that diet probably helped him out:) his body might have had a little bump and sounds like he knocked it off! If he is breathing fine now I wouldn’t worry at all:)

I would still keep on the lookout for any sort of suspicious behavior just in case. But from what I have read, he seems to be doing ok. Best of luck he’ll recover fine!❤️

Latest posts

Back