Nobivac affect fertility?

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hi, I was wondering if anyone knew if the Nobivac vaccination for Myxi/rhd affects rabbit fertility rates as I have read conflicting things?

Thanks

The current recommendation is that it is not recommended to be used in first 14 days of pregnancy, and not to be used at all in breeding bucks as there hasn’t been sufficient studies performed to prove safety.
If you are in a country with myxo and RHD endemic in the wild rabbit population (e.g. UK), you will need to take steps to prevent these diseases if you aren’t already. In the case that you have breeding bucks, and other rabbits that you don’t intend to vaccinate, I would suggest that you have a strict quarantine when bringing any new rabbits onto your premises, keep flies and other flying insects away from unvaccinated rabbits, and ensure there is no contact whatsoever with wild rabbits, or areas that might have been accessed by wild rabbits.

The current recommendation is that it is not recommended to be used in first 14 days of pregnancy, and not to be used at all in breeding bucks as there hasn’t been sufficient studies performed to prove safety.
If you are in a country with myxo and RHD endemic in the wild rabbit population (e.g. UK), you will need to take steps to prevent these diseases if you aren’t already. In the case that you have breeding bucks, and other rabbits that you don’t intend to vaccinate, I would suggest that you have a strict quarantine when bringing any new rabbits onto your premises, keep flies and other flying insects away from unvaccinated rabbits, and ensure there is no contact whatsoever with wild rabbits, or areas that might have been accessed by wild rabbits.
Thankyou

Latest posts

Back