No wires cage/enclosure?

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TalKal

Reaction score
Greetings! I have a previously free roam bonded trio that now live in a large dog enclosure. My buns were free roam until one of my females became territorial. The pee/poo and general destruction became too hard to manage, especially since I went from full time student mostly working from home to employed full-time and mostly out of the home.

My buns love their home and get plenty of supervised exercises both inside and outside the enclosure. However, I've always wanted to give them a condo for even more fun and exercise, to make cleaning easier, and for safety (the enclosure in uncovered on top and I'm always afraid of an escape when I'm not home).

My boyfriend and I are talking about moving in and he's opposed to seeing the buns caged. He understands that they can't be free roam but can't stand an animal behind wires or bars. Every option I've seen so far, both diy and premade, has wires or bars on it. Does anyone have any ideas how to make a safe, ventilated home for my buns that isn't too 'cage-like'?

Use an X-Pen. Get one that's tall enough so they won't jump over (although mine figured out how to climb if she was determined enough). You can always add more grids to make a larger one. It's spacious enough for them to run around in and you'll feel more assured that they're all in one area.

https://www.amazon.com/AmazonBasics...E7Z4Q&qid=1584386026&tag=5042nst800sr-20&th=1
That's pretty much what they're in now. Again, it seems too 'cage-like' for my boyfriend. I think it's the visual of seeing bars around their home.

It seems like any glass is your best option, rember though, they are your bunnies! If you and your boyfriend can't decide then do what you think is best for YOUR bunnys. Good luck though and send pics of whatever you decide!

It’s like a little kids room [emoji85] but are your completely litter trained, are all of their poos and pees end up in the litter box without the need of a occasional clean up?

Here are a couple other ideas to throw in the mix. Neither of these are mine. But I have made a "cage" using plexiglass before. It was really a small "home-base" area for free roam buns but that isn't what you are looking for. Plexiglass, however, is an option for whatever you build. If it is open on top, then ventilation isn't an issue. They can't climb plexi either (as some bunnies will climb a fence), so they should not be able to escape.

Attachments

• upload_2019-2-27_17-14-45.png
    upload_2019-2-27_17-14-45.png
    278.4 KB · Views: 2
  • indoor-rabbit-housing-bunny-approved.jpg
    indoor-rabbit-housing-bunny-approved.jpg
    48.7 KB · Views: 2

Latest posts

Back