No hair on her belly?

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

funnybunnymummy

Retired Moderator
Reaction score
Greater Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada
Pepper has no hair on her belly. I thought maybe it was from being shaved for her spay, but the rescue said she's been spayed for several months. So the hair should be growing back by now. Is this maybe overgrooming? Or something else?

1393900_10153380024610506_338073332_n.jpg

Sorry if the pic is a bit blurry! I took it with my phone.

Thanks!

Rue

Some critters can take awhile for hair to grow back when shaved.
And looking at how that bald patch looks, especially along the sides, that's what I would say that is. My guys took a fair while. My dog took 6mts - a year for her belly fur to grow back, and shes got super short hair.

Okay, thanks. That's what I first thought, but it just seemed it would grow back faster. When Gus had his butt shaved two years ago (to prevent urine scald), it grew back in about six weeks. Mind you, he's also the Amazing Moulting Rabbit. So he's probably the exception! :p

Thanks!

Rue

I've been meaning to ask about this same thing! Aria got spayed last April and her tummy hair still hasn't grown long, even though she went through a full molt and everything. Nice to know that's a thing that happens.

Some of ours grew back pretty fast and other took a couple of molts to fill in the blanks. Beth kept grooming and took an exceptionally long time. The funniest was our bull mastiff--her hair is so thick it looked like a trap door.

Latest posts

Back