Night of the Lepus

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Buck Jones

Reaction score
Most of you are too young to remember the film, Night of the Lepus, starring Janet Leigh, Rory Calhoun, Stuart Whitman, and others...the "doc" from Star Trek, for example, but each year around Halloween it is viewed simultaneously by rabbit fanciers around the country who are in the know. This year the event will occuron Mischief Night, Saturday, October 30th.

Video copies are available, but rare. The major? characters in the recent film, The Matrix, (#1) can be seen viewing the?Night of the Lepus?during some? scenes, so you know how philosophically important the film must have been to be included as background for the Maxtrix Trilogy.

We were gearing up for our Night of the Lepus party here in NJ, but we know for a fact it is a major event in Tucker Town, and is screened there annually by buns and guests alike, so our group will be descending upon Tucker Town then, like a plague of, well,...rabbits!

Like Rocky Horror Motion Picture Show, part of the fun is for guests (buns and humans) to dress up like characters in the movie. Our mini lop, Missy, is requesting her ears be pinned up, like the up-ears Lepus that ravage the little western town in the movie, while hermate, Calbert, wants a dye-job to look like his favorite anti-hero in the flic, who frequently fills the screen with his fiercesome, attack rabbit face.

If you've never seen Night of the Lepus, you owe it to yourself to see it, at least once in a life time. Your bun(s), however, will enjoy it time, after time, after time. Trust me!

Buck

125585.1020.A.jpg

Read Reviews at:

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0069005/

http://www.shoestring.org/mmi_revs/lepus.html

http://www.agonybooth.com/lepus/

http://www.geocities.com/tyrannorabbit/nightlepus.html

That be the one! If you have a copy, be sure to join us on Saturday, October 30th at 9:00 P.M. EST.Rest of the country views at the same time, compensating for the different time zones, enabling all of us tomake supporting phone calls during the most scary and scintillating scenes.

Buck

I used to have that capability, and I still might, if my old player in the basement still works.? I couldn't promise anything, but if you're serious about? the Mischief Night screening, I would certainly look into it.?? My copy is that, a copy, so your's would be a copy of a copy, with the deterioration that entails, but let me know how serious you are about it and I'll start rummaging around in the "black hole" we call the basement.

Buck

Seriously, Buck, if you copy it for me, I will watch it on that day at that time, and be posting here along with the movie. :DI was a total Rocky Horror fan!

I may be able to put my hands on a website you can purchase the movie from. Will look into it on this end.

They just don't dress or act like that anymore. The pure terror in Janet Leigh's screams when she single handledly must ward off a group of Giant Lepus as she protects her daughter from attack is priceless. Can't believe Night of the Lepus wasn't bigger than Psycho.

No one in the town is safe from The Lepus, Not Man nor Beast.

The residents of Tucker Town look forward to this event each year. We would most certainly welcome you and yours, Buck Jones. :)

The bigger the army, the better.

-Carolyn

P.S. Is it true or a rumor that Janet Leigh is on her deathbed. Heard someone mention that the other day. I wonder why in her Biography they didn't mention the Lepus movie. Hmm. ;)

Buck, as you know, I'm a great fan of Night of the Lepus.

This sounds like a good idea. Will try to find a copy and join in the festivities with you all via long distance. :)

I had gotten my copy by doing searches on the net of Rare or Out of Print Movies.

The quality isn't great in the film. They certainly didn't spend a fortunte making or filming it so getting a copy of a copy is struggling.

outofprintmovies.com has the DVD. They also warn you of the quality.

You'll either love the movie or hate it. Either way, you'll laugh.

-Carolyn

You guys are creeping me out! I'm one of those girls who is soooooo afraid of scary movies! IF I watch one, it's with a group, I hide behind a pillow and under a crocheted blanket so I can peek through the holes! I'm always in control of the remote control so I can stop the movie when it becomes too intense! I don't think I'll be watching any freaky, horror bunny movies! :shock:

I NEVER would have figured Buck, Carolyn and BunnyMommy for the horror movie kind.....I'll just go to bed early that night! :?

RaspberrySwirl wrote:
I NEVER would have figured Buck, Carolyn and BunnyMommy for the horror movie kind.....I'll just go to bed early that night! :?

Love them, Raspberry!

-Carolyn

The Missus and I have decided to don bunny costumery, while Calbert and Missy have changed their preferences to mimicking the human actors and actresses.?? We're all practicing our scared faces and blood curdling screams in preparation for the screening at 9:00 P.M. EST, Saturday, October 30, 2004 in Tucker Town.

Understand the buns in Tucker Town have a parade and make fierce grimaces at any humans who chance to take exception to their festivities.? Missy and Calbert said they're more than willing to demonstrate their solidarity by marching ?alongside the Tucker Town citizens during the event.? They're practicing their "mean" faces right now, as I type this post.

Wphew!? Scary!!? I'll tell you!? Wouldn't want to meet them out in the desert some lonely night, or day, for that matter.

Buck

Latest posts

Back