Nics pen, level spacing

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Whelp here it is.... for now. I need to get to sleep and pick Lu up tomorrow. The only thing at this point I will do is add the "roof" and in the future add a drop down down at the top left-ish.

I'd actually encourage you to make much larger upper levels. Those shelves are so small and barely have room for bunny to stretch out ...and only if he faces the right direction. Not trying to offend, but they are really little more than landing platforms.
Unless a particular one is being used as just a step to an upper level, each "shelf" should be a minimum of 2 grids x 2 grids in size.

I also notice that you've used plenty of those connectors that come with the grids. They have been known to randomly pop off with a persistent bunny. If they are reinforced with zip ties, fine. I just don't bother with them since I'm using ties anyway. But what that allows me to see in your photo is that there seems to be a lack of doorway openings on the upper levels as well. When building your cage, you want to be sure that you have a way to reach every place that bunny can sit. If he is feeling ill and hides in an upper corner, you'll need to be able to get to him without dismantling your cage.

Oh... I see you are quite close to getting bunny. I thought the cage was still in progress. The shelves appear to not have anything on them. If so, they will be slippery. That may be a problem especially since they are so very narrow. A rabbit hopping down from the very top to that middle shelf that is open on both sides, may very well fall right off (or refuse to hop down). There should be some grip or cushioning on the shelves.

No, I am not offended in the least @Blue eyes . I appreciate your wisdom.

The timing of all this wasn't in my favor and I would have liked a bit more time to get the NICS pen together. The rescue has been great, however I know they wish me to get Luna ASAP. I was approved and paid the adoption fees 10 days ago.

I suppose it'd be best to wait a week or two before messing around with her home; until she gets acclimated. I redo the levels then. LMAO, there are over 200 zip ties. I do like the connectors. They keep everything uniform rather than where I do not have them and end the panel wires don't sit exactly flush with each other. The levels do have vinyl flooring (Linoleum). It has texture as Zappas mentioned in another thread.

I do plan on putting a 2 panel by 2 panel drop down from the top level as shown below. After reading your thoughts on that, I decided I'll put on on the back as well. I was also wanting to put this on casters but I think I'll try those furniture gliders; also below.

81315W_PhAL._SL1500_663x663.jpg

Attachments

• pen.jpg
    pen.jpg
    442.9 KB · Views: 4

Latest posts

Back