NIC Cages Only-II

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Bigger and better then the last one everyone is right once you build one you cant stop.

Stop me please befor I dont have a living room.

SDC10184.jpg

SDC10185.jpg

SDC10186.jpg

SDC10187.jpg

SDC10188.jpg

Its 3 high 3 wide and 3 deep in spots it took 3 boxes of the new NCI panels. About 400 Tist ties And if you count the first cage I built which was added on to it took 6 hours in total. And two people.

It looks AWESOME, PBJ :biggrin2:! Don't worry...the cage will soon take over your living room. Bunnies invade houses quite easily :twitch:.

Storm knows how good he has it. of course after ike and all he is like stay away from me. I reached in to get him and he bit me he does not want to leave.

No not really even when I had the first pin he is not a carpet eater and digger.

That the only reason I did not put a floor. He like base boards the most I have come to find out. But I am thinking about a girl for storm so probaly will have a floor caue i cant get lucky twice right?:p

What the picture does not show because they where in the washer he has 4 different blankets all the card board is covered with blankets and where his tunnel is there a blanket and under the food section. He has alway had blankets all my pets do they all have there own blankets anyway that might help the fact also I am not sure.

Lucky!

I had a past rabbit that tore up everything in his path, especially carpets. So I have been paranoid ever since! I don't think they have had a chance to see the carpet yet. They play in the kitchen on top of sheets. lol

Just wanted to stop in and thank everyone for posting pics of their NIC cages. We were planning on building an indoor hutch, but I think I like these a lot better.

Looking good!

Ok so these are new cages... The first cage is Apple on the bottom, than Teresa, than Cheerio. The other is Elvis(now has a ledge)than Pablo.

100_4336.jpg

100_4337.jpg

100_4338.jpg

100_4339.jpg

100_4342.jpg

100_4343.jpg

100_4345.jpg

Doors...

100_4351.jpg

100_4352.jpg

100_4486.jpg

Wyatts Cage (like the cans? we had been working all day in the room)

100_4513.jpg

100_4514.jpg

100_4515.jpg

100_4516.jpg

Trios cage

100_4512.jpg

100_4511.jpg

In the proccess og trying to get a new bun fromthe rescue section. We changed storm cage we will leave it like this because I am going to build a ew cage on top for our new addition when ever we get it.

SDC10223.jpg

Full View

SDC10224.jpg

Right

SDC10225.jpg

Left

Yeah its cat litter he wont use anything else i bought everything aviable to me then i watched my friends cats and he used it.

I bought
yesterdays news
Pine shavings are not good
I cant find stove pellets but he likes wood so I dont know if that would work anyway.

Bought the paper stuff they sell at pet co/petsmart.

So cat litter it is he does not eat it thats the first thing I made sure of. And I only use it cause his cage is open its less dust.
I paid a pretty good pennie to try to make it assafe as psossible.

If I had a normal cage I would not use it.

Yeah You should still try other things, kitty litter is dangerous either way. Doesnt matter what kind of cage. You can use kiln-dried pine, Wood stove pellets, care fresh, and aspen shavings. (only ceder and pine are dangerous.)

I don't recommend kitty litter, but if that is all that you can use...can you go to Walmart or Joann Fabrics and get the canvas netting to put over the litter box? This way, your bun will not be able to get to the kitty litter.

I use clay cat litter in CJ's cage with a mesh grate over the top and I found it works great, but obviously he cant get to it so there no problem there.

Here are some pics of White Chocolate's NIC condo. It's empty now :cry1:
but my husband and son built it so sturdy we can't get it out the door anymore, LOL, and it can't easily be taken apart (talk about over-designing things, LOL), so we used it to bunnysit a friend's bunny for the weekend.

1007477.jpg

1007478.jpg

1007479.jpg

1007483.jpg

Can you tell Binks loved his outing? :D He also loved running and binkying around our yard :D.

Here are a few close-ups from when White Chocolate was still with us:

relax1qs4.jpg

10025853gj.jpg

WOW! All yall's cages are somethin else!

I want to make one for Wrangler!

I've seen the grids at Target, but I have no idea how to put them together and make it bunny-safe...like what do yall use for the different levels? I have a Netherland Dwarf, so he's not THAT heavy...

Well, I was just going to use the grids, and those plastic pull-tight fasteners, and put cardboard and carpet on the shelves (made of more grids). Maybe a few dowels for steadying, and holding the shelves up.
But my husband decided that was so not sturdy enough, and ended up using plywood for the bottom and the shelves (big heavy pieces, too. If you look at the pic where White Chocolate's feet hang out through the grid, you can see the shelf). He also strengthened it with wood boards on the top and 2 sides. (well, by the time he put the shelves in, it needed strengthening, LOL)
Anyway, you can build them with just the grids and the plastic fasteners, though lots of people also use the connecters that come with the grids.
There's a tutorial here: http://www.rabbitsonline.net/view_topic.php?id=28197&forum_id=17 that shows step by step how to build them.
The library has a section on it too, with lots of links to tutorials and ideas:
http://www.rabbitsonline.net/view_topic.php?id=11792&forum_id=17

Latest posts

Back