NIC Cages Only-II

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
My husband and I are in the process of finishing up a set of cages right now for Tyke and a new bunny (still seeing where this one is going).

We are working on the flooring right now. We have the frame all done, used the cubes and then zip ties to secure it.. oh man the zip ties D: So many of them!! We have sanded down and melted all the sharp edges on each one of the zip ties too. Didnt think about that step until Eddie sliced open his finger.

Here's what we have so far :D

DSC_0447.jpg

There's the shell. The flooring we are putting together tonight and hopefully will have pics up later :)

DSC_0444.jpg

about 1/4th of the clippings from the zip ties lol

DSC_0456.jpg

Just a different angle of it.

I hope Tyke loves it when we are done. We got him a bunch of new toys and fun things for him to play with. We got him a nice little bed too, he wont let us take it out of his current cage he loves it that much :D

evibugz wrote:
My husband and I are in the process of finishing up a set of cages right now for Tyke and a new bunny (still seeing where this one is going).

We are working on the flooring right now. We have the frame all done, used the cubes and then zip ties to secure it.. oh man the zip ties D: So many of them!! We have sanded down and melted all the sharp edges on each one of the zip ties too. Didnt think about that step until Eddie sliced open his finger.

Here's what we have so far :D

DSC_0447.jpg

There's the shell. The flooring we are putting together tonight and hopefully will have pics up later :)

DSC_0444.jpg

about 1/4th of the clippings from the zip ties lol

DSC_0456.jpg

Just a different angle of it.

I hope Tyke loves it when we are done. We got him a bunch of new toys and fun things for him to play with. We got him a nice little bed too, he wont let us take it out of his current cage he loves it that much :D

Looking great. I hated the zip tie part!:banghead Thats the only part I dreaded though, the rest was fun.

Does anyone else have the problem where you build a cage and then you have the uncontrollable urge to go out and buy more cubes... and make the cage bigger... and bigger... and bigger... and bigger... ?

:embarrassed:

mardigraskisses wrote:
Does anyone else have the problem where you build a cage and then you have the uncontrollable urge to go out and buy more cubes... and make the cage bigger... and bigger... and bigger... and bigger... ?

:embarrassed:

Yup!

I would like to show you my cages, but they are not NIC-cages.
I don t find any other photo thread about hutches or sheds...
:?

We are going to buy 3 more boxes for the new cage.

My girlie cages erroll wants to really start looking I am not into getting a another dog anytime in the next 10 years so. I am going to start looking for storms girl.

And we will have Phoenix, Storm, Bam Bam-Thats going to be my new girlys name.

But I hope to have a huge 4 by 4 cage when bam bam and storm bond.

so yes make it bigger and bigger

I think a box of cubes will be around $15, normal price? (The chrome ones are a little more.) They go on sale regularly (once a month, or every other month?), so if you have time you can just watch the Target ads for them. I think the sale price is $12.99 for black or white, $14.99 for chrome.

The cubes have recently been re-designed, so that about half of the panels have very wide grids, and the other panels have the "normal" grids. The ones with the large grids can be dangerous, as many bunnies can squeeze into the holes. These can still be used, if you plan for it. (Use them for floors, if you cover them with a solid flooring; use them for the top, if the bunny can't reach it; etc.) However, the re-design seems to have only affected the colored sets; at least at my store, the chrome ones still have small grids on all the panels.

Latest posts

Back