NIC Cages Only-II

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm glad some of my ideas have helped others to make custom cages.

I built the bottoms of my cages from plywood. I made a box, glued linoleum to it, and used metal dry wall corner edging to keep the buns from chewing.

Here's a picture:

I also used some caulking to seal the seams of the linoleum. Around the bottom joint and up all the corner seams. My bunnies haven't been able to pull the caulking up at all, and I've had this set up for a year and a half now. I did discover that if you are going to use caulking, you have to use the outside super duty caulking. The caulking designed for kitchens and bathrooms doesn't stand up to bunny pee and will start lifting after a couple of bunny pee puddles.

This is the set-up I have:

I have one more cage now, but it's going to be expanded soon because it's too small for two bunnies at the moment. When I move upstairs I'll have more room to expand the bunny area. I will have to update my pictures and show off all three cages.

--Dawn

Apples side

100_0105.jpg

100_0109.jpg

Teresas side

100_0106.jpg

100_0107.jpg

Hi rabbit lovers!!! Where do you guys find the supplies for the NIC Cages? I have been looking at them and they are really cool. I live in Michigan, don't know if that helps? Thanks.

you can get the grids at stores like Target, some can get them at walmart, or bed bath and beyond. The plastic, corogated plastic that is called coroplast, you can get at a sign shop.

This is Marlin and Morgan's new NIC cage. I made it 1 NIC wide x 6 NIC long x 2 NIC high...each. I made double doors. I love this style of NIC cage, it fits well in the bunny room and it allows me to interact with the bunnies more. Brody and Benson will get the same style, as soon as I find time to build it.

l_7d49ddf5e178307300e901959a272a78.jpg

l_272088bfca7b625ea524cccaad012af7.jpg

l_f299945ada55a98ce4583f97411e2180.jpg

I have added more toys and gave Morgan a non-slip rug for the base of his shelves...so he stops slipping when jumping down. I also gave Marlin a fleece rug (safety pinned to the cage) as a "rug", for the same purpose.

Here's the cage i have right now. I have the two guinea pigs on top (Tuffy & Jasmine) and my bunny (Charlie) on the bottom. It works really good for me to have the opening doors on the bottom to let Charlie out when i'm home but if he needs/wants to go back in he's free to do so.

Pictures%2Fpigs%20%26%20bunny%20002.jpg

Wyatt and Elvis have the same cage side by side. We needed to make something that is easier to maintain. Truth is someone is always out so they don't need as much room. The idea is to make a pen that someone can be out in when we are not home. Than cage that one when we get home and someone else comes out.

100_2020.jpg

100_2027.jpg

100_2031.jpg

100_2028.jpg

100_2020.jpg

I think it works when the bunny is small and you have the time to let them out. Would I put a bonded pain in that? Only if they were both NDs. WouldI put a rabbit bigger than Elvis in nope.

Though Elvis LOVES his new cage.

This is Sakuras NIC cage, personally, wouldn't have her in anything smaller because she gets depressed in less space because of her active personality.

It's 3 deep, 3 tall and 4 wide for 2.5 pound bunny. There are three shelves. These are old pictures and the cage is slightly different inside but not much, so these will do :). This cage is in 'her' bedroom, she's allowed run of the room and the hallway and the master bedroom whish is our gym.

P1000784.jpg

P1000788.jpg

100_0463.jpg

100_0476.jpg

This was the first bunny condo we made. It was pretty simple and was great for a while but there just wasn't enough for her to do in there.

100_0701.jpg
100_0703.jpg
Then we switched to this which was an open pen with a shelf for her to sit on and sleep on and stuff. This worked much better :)

Then we were getting Drue so I remodeled that one to include a space for him and we got...

100_0838.jpg

I also added an extra level on the left there. I don't think I have any pictures of when it was like that though. I just changed it again last night so that they both had leveled condos..they both prefer that.

So now we have...

100_1009.jpg

100_1010.jpg
Right side

100_1011.jpg
Left side :)

Latest posts

Back