NIC Cage Sizes

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

pOker

Reaction score
I have a brand new box of NIC panels- and some old panels left over also--so hopefully I have enough;

Anyways-- seeing as it seems that I will be getting 4 fosters-I need some cage space..

If I am getting the fosters from 3Bunnies, I do not want them to bring an XPen, only because I would rather them save it and I can put the rabbits into my own NIC cage...It makes it easier on me and gives them the extra XPen for other fosters.

I was debating on cage size--but I came up with this idea (my computer is being a dummy so i cant draw it in paint)

The bottom cage would be: 3 panels long x 2 panels high x 2 panels wide.
The middle cage would be 3 panels long x 1 panel highx 2 panels wide.
The top cage would be 3 panels long x 1 panel high x 2 panels wide.
an extra cage would be: 3 panels long x 2 panels high by 3 panels wide.

The setup is as follows:
The bottom cage is for the larger bunny.
The middle and top are for the 2 small bunnies.

Pokers cage will be used for Poker and Vegas if they bond, leaving me with 1 extra medium sized cage.
The hutch will most likely always be Graties...

1 of the foster bunnies will be coming in his own cage, so that is settled-if he does not come with his cage--i will add an NIC one on top of the side cage..

Does this make sense??

If the 1 panel high seems too low, then I will make 2 cages side by side and have the top come up like the shape of a house-if that makes sense..

Any ideas or anything, please let me know--I am new to the whole NIC condos-so any information or ideas are respected..

I did take the time to go through the NIC cage threads here--but I know that some people like to go overboard with the cages--which is not a bad thing--but I am just looking for a basic cage--the bunnies get LOTS of time out of the cage..

THANKS YA'LL

I think the cages sounds good, but i think you should do 2 grids high because they should be able to stand up. If you could do 2 high, i think that would be even better.

Malexis wrote:
I think the cages sounds good, but i think you should do 2 grids high because they should be able to stand up. If you could do 2 high, i think that would be even better.

Thanks for the suggestion...

In that case-I will have to do 2 different sets of cages..
Set 1 will be 3 long x 2 high x 2 wide, and the same will be on top.
Set 2 will be 3 long x 2 high x 3 wide and on top will be 3 long x 2 wide x 2 high..
wow--tomorrow is going to be such a longg day!

Hmm sounds like a good set up, cant wait to see it! Do you have any idea how your going to do it already? Make sure you get pictures, i'd love to see more ideas.

i would say two high also and you could add a shelf to if you have the room.

so if you do 4highx2widex3long theres two good cages :) enough for a litter box,room to play, room for bowls plus run time and they should do fine. then if you do another one just the same then you have 4 slots for buns

sounds like a lotta panels in the end -.- im replanning mine right now and it sucks! lol

I am going to go and buy 3 more boxes of panels, that way I can have shelves and extra panels just in case...
I think I am going to stick with the 3long x 2wide x 2high and just do 2 like that...hopefully i can get the stupid cabinet cleaned out today so we can move it out of my way.thats a project and a half.

I will certainly post lots of pictures and give a grand ol' tour when its done. I have a feeling it will be a week or two though-process is slow over here.

Latest posts

Back