NIC Cage Renovations!

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

littl3red

Ashtin - Member
Reaction score
So, as you all know, I'm getting an English Lop soon, so I'm gonna have to make the levels on my cage a little bigger to accomodate her fat bum. If the levels are taller, Maya can't jump up. Medusa doesn't have a bum knee (they ended up changing their mind about which rabbit they're giving me...) so I can do steps instead of a ramp. I'm still not sure how I'm going to make them. Any ideas?

Ramp would certainly be easier and usable for both buns

I personally prefer a step to a ramp. In my old NIC cage, this is how I made my step. There's a vertical panel helping to hold it in place.
IMG_1160.jpg

Our ramp is made out of just wood. Its super easy and the buns have no big issues with it

Look forward to seeing it when its done=]

I think I might just do a step, since I already have the materials I need for a step. I think I have an idea of how I'll do it, I'll post pictures tonight when it's done. Thanks!

I made a ramp so that my rabbits could get from the top cage to the floor for run time. I think that the general rule for ramp length is 2 grids in ramp length for every 1 grid height wise. I followed that, but made my ramp a little longer. We had all the stuff laying around to make the ramp out of wood as it was. If you do wood, you need to add horizontal bars every few inches so that the rabbits can grip those when going up.

Latest posts

Back