Nic cage question

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

~BunBuns~

Reaction score
Bunbuns has a nic cage right now and were going to add extensions to it making it bigger. Does anyone know something i can put underneath the cage so that if hay falls down and it gets messy and stuff i can just vaccumn up the mess. Something like a carpet..

- April and Bunbuns

I just got something new to put under wash's cage. It's a plastic mat that's made for putting under in house excersize equipment. It's big and sturdy and easy to clean. I got it at Sears for $35-40

What about just a piece of vinly or something? Or maybe a plastic chair mat?

I keep my buns on lino (vinyl/linolium) as they are in the dining room, bathroom and laundry, so that's really easy to clean. I just sweep up the mess and dunk it in the bin.

If you can have Bunbuns on some coroplast or plastic sheeting, you can give him a large square of fleece on top. To clean it just gather it up and shake off the poop and hay etc. I would shake it off outside but not sure of you have a yard or you're in an apartment.

I definitely recommend fleece if BunBuns is litter trained (for at least the pee). You can just shake it out and then if he does pee on it or if it gets messy, you can just wash it :).

Ive been using indoor/outdoor carpet, and I dont recommend it. The hay sticks to it, and if they are shedding, the fur is like velcro on the carpet.

When they move to my room, I am getting coroplast, ive heard its super easy to clean.

Under Butter's NIC pen, we have a thick sheet of plastic about six feet long and three feet wide... We got it at JoAnne's in the upholstry section and had it cut to that length. It's REALLY convinient to clean and nothing sticks to it and you can just sweep everything up. It's so totally perfect.
And we got it for under $20.
I'd reeeeally reccomend it to anyone ;)

~Diana and Butter

Butterfinger wrote:
Under Butter's NIC pen, we have a thick sheet of plastic about six feet long and three feet wide... We got it at JoAnne's in the upholstry section and had it cut to that length. It's REALLY convinient to clean and nothing sticks to it and you can just sweep everything up. It's so totally perfect.
And we got it for under $20.
I'd reeeeally reccomend it to anyone ;)

~Diana and Butter

Oh wow, sounds like a great alternative to coroplast, for alot cheaper!

Latest posts

Back