NIC cage for a flemish giant

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

killertheturtle

Reaction score
I have a flemish giant who is about 10 months old. He is currently in an exercise pen in the corner of my room...so it it about 4x4x6. It is 42 inchs tall, and he managed to jump out ONE time (scared me when I looked in a closed pen and he was not in it...scared my cat who is half the size of him as well).
Anyway, I was wondering if a large NIC cage, with a second story would be able to hold such a strong heavy bunny? I figure with two stories he ultimaley would have more room.
Thanks!

We have two Flemish Giant crosses: Joy & Love, 12# & 10#. Not as heavy as a full Flemish Giant but they do very well in a condo created by NIC cubes. Just be sure to use strong enough cable ties.

We just sent photos and info on our condo to the " Photo Philes > NIC Cages Only" today 10/3/07.

I have a NIC cage for my flemish, his is a single story though, i imagine if you re-enforce the shelves with wood or piping it would work, but just the wire with out extra suport I myself wouldn't trust it. Some of mine have a second story shelf, but the buns range from 5lbs to 8 lbs and i used a wooden dowl for extra suport just for them.

hopefully someone else has a second story for their flemish that they can offer more tips;)

Was going to say the same - a NIC shoudo be fine, but you an use wodden dowels from the hardware store to reinforce it.I think for a heavier bun that might be necessary, but those wodden dowels are fairly inexpensive, I know a lot of memebers on there use them (me included) to reinforce the levels.

You must(!) post picture when you're done!! :D It's great seeing what everyone comes up with for NIC cages.

Oh, also I was going to say, you should configure the level in such a way that it's getting a lot of support from below, so make it touch as many outer NIC panels as possible and possibly put some below it to get more support from the floor, if that makes sense at all...

Latest posts

Back