NIC cage bottom?

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Trinah

Reaction score
Ok, so I want to make my bunny a NIC cage but I'm not sure what to put at the bottom of it. I want it to be safe for him, of course, but I can't spend too much.

I use coroplast. My bunnies ate and put holes in linoleum (not strong enough material). Then I put cardboard on top of the coroplast for traction. Then they like to eat the cardboard :)

I used wallboard. It came in 5 foot by 8 foot sheets (I think) from home depot. It's made for lining bathroom walls and such so it's waterproof and has some traction as well.

I used laminate pop-together flooring and put the vinyl wall trim for bathrooms zip tied around the inside edge to keep in stray poops/hay. You can put down washable rugs/cardboard for traction but mine don't seem to mind the laminate floor.

Coroplast can usually be found at sign making shops so call them and let them know that you want it for an animal cage instead of sign making (sometimes they up the price for other sign makers to eliminate competition).

I used a shower stall base. I know it's rather bulky and slightly unconventional, but it is super easy to clean up messes and under the plastic is foam, which provides a nice layer of insulation. I found mine at Home Depot in the shower/bath isle.

Linoleum also works well, easy to clean.

Latest posts

Back