NH Rabbit Savvy Vets

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bunnydude

Reaction score
Please post any additionsor updates for any of these three lists in this thread. Personal comments and experiences are welcome!

The followingis the House Rabbit Society link for Rabbit Veterinarians in New Hampshire:

http://rabbit.org/care/vets_michigan.htmlhttp://www.nhrabbits.org/main_sublinks.asp?id=13&sid=26

Thislink isfor an old, but excellent list (courtesy of Petbunny mailing list subscribers). Please post any known updates in this thread.

http://homepage.mac.com/mattocks/morfz/Vet_NH.html

With the permission of the Petbunny moderator, we have reposted those Petbunny Listings here:
  1. [font="Verdana,Arial,Sans-Serif,MS Sans Serif"][size="-1"][font="Verdana,Arial,Sans-Serif,MS Sans Serif"][size="-1"]
  2. George A. Messenger, DVM
    Fisherville Animal Hospital
    108 Fisherville Rd., Mall at Fisherville
    Concord, NH 03303
    (603) 299-0674
    Recommended by: Candice Lynn
    Comments: He saved our little ND, Allie, who was pregnant by a larger rabbit & couldn't pass the babies. He performed an emergency C-section (we couldn't save the babies) & then spayed her at midnight! Undoubtedly, she would have died if not for him. We also took several of our other rabbits to him - he was 1-1/2 hours away when we lived in NH, and is now 3-1/2 hours away from where we live now in Maine - when we felt we needed his expertise.
    * Absolutely the best rabbit vet in the state.
    Submitted: 6/99
    Need directions?
  3. Susan M. Haley, DVM
    Kindness Animal Hospital
    2 Water Village Rd
    Ossipee NH 03864
    (603) 539-2272
    Recommended by: Candice Lynn
    Comments: Dr. Haley was the vet we routinely used as she was close by (we lived in Center Ossipee at the time). She had lots of experience, as the HRS chapter is in the next town and its head, Caroline Hess, had her treat numerous bunnies. Dr. Haley did almost all of our neutering & spaying. When she felt we needed a second opinion, or if she wasn't very familiar with a problem, she would send us to Dr. Messenger.
    * Note from Caroline Hess -- Dr. Haley's office ... does not have good emergency care since Dr. Haley herself is never on call. The other vet in that office, Dr. Seibel ... has little knowledge of rabbits ... If Dr. Haley is your vet of choice, I ... recommend using Dr. Guerino as a back-up. With his 24-hour emergency care and ability to do blood work in the office, he can complete the veterinary care required by rabbits. I recommend that (at least for the older rabbit) when using Dr. Haley, an annual visit to Dr. Guerino as well will keep both vets familiar with the rabbit they care for. Here, we have Dr. Haley draw blood, for example, and take it to Dr. Guerino's office for evaluation.
    Submitted: 6/99
    Need directions?
  4. Dr. Anthony Guerino
    Animal Medical Center
    1550 Woodbury Ave.
    Portsmouth, NH
    (603) 436-4922
    Recommended by: Caroline Hess
    Comments: Dr. Guerino is a wonderful rabbit vet, compassionate and knowledgeable. His office is also an emergency clinic and is available 24 hours a day, which is a big plus. Dr. Guerino has a gentle manner with our rabbits and is able to do some blood testing in his office, another plus. I recommend him often to callers who are in need of professional veterinary care.
    Submitted: 7/99
    Need directions?
  5. Dr. Laurie Farrell
    Derry Animal Hospital
    28 Tsienneto Dr.
    Derry, NH
    (603) 432-3700
    Recommended by: Caroline Hess and Gail Gelin
    Comments: I have not personally used Dr. Farrell, but we have spoken on the phone and some of our NH HRS board members have used her in the care of their rabbits. I'm told she has an excellent manner with rabbits and is very knowledgeable. She has also offered house visits to one of our board members to help care for her aging rabbits. I don't know if this is a regular routine of hers, but she is apparently willing to help avoid the stress that often accompanies travel with rabbits, particularly ill ones. -- Caroline
    I highly recommend this vet...very open to herbal treatments ... is a member of national HRS. -- Gail
    Submitted: 7/99
    Need directions?
  6. Paul Phenix, DVM
    Nashua Pet Care
    150 Broad St.
    Nashua, NH
    (603) 889-4738
    Recommended by: Kathy Brown
    Hours: M-F 10am-7pm
    Comments: Dr. Phenix has done neuters and spays for me and has also filed tooth spurs on one of my bunnies twice. No complications or problems with any of these procedures. He found the spurs during a well-bunny check up and took care of them before the bunny ever showed a problem. He also told me about The House Rabbit Society several years ago. Very knowledgeable and up-to-date.
    04/02
    Need directions?
  7. Dr. Dutton
    Weare Animal Hospital
    91 N. Stark Highway
    Weare, NH
    (603) 529-4999
    Recommended by: Kathy Brown
    Comments: Dr. Dutton has treated 2 of my bunnies in the last 2 years for stasis. Dr. Phenix was out of town for a few days and I wanted a vet *now*. His office sent me to Dr. Dutton. Dr. Dutton is also very competent. He followed Dana [Krempels'] stasis treatment recommendations just about to the letter.
    4/02
    Need directions?
    [/size][/font][/size][/font]

And, the followinglist is from the Association of Exotic Mammal Veterinarians: (Please be sure that vets on this listtreat rabbits and not just birds or reptiles).

New Hampshire

Michael Dutton, DVM
Weare Animal Hospital
91 North Stark Highway
Weare, NH 03281
Phone: 603-529-4999
Email: [email protected]

Jennifer Franklin, DVM
Riverside Veterinary Hospital
201 N Main St
Boscawen NH 03303
603-753-9834
Email: [email protected]

Dr. Anthony Guerino
VCA Animal Medical Center
1550 Woodbury Ave.
Portsmouth, NH 03801
Phone: (603) 436-4922
[font="times new roman,times,serif"]
Dr. Guerino is an amazing veterinarian. He does such a wonderful job with the rabbits, is very knowledgeable, friendly, handles the animals with respect and care (and he even has several 'Thank You' cards in his office from other bunny parents). Cannot recommend him more highly!

*edited because office name and web address have changed*
[/font]

[size="-1"]Dr. Cinthia Fulton
[/size][font="Verdana,Arial,Sans-Serif,MS Sans Serif"][size="-1"][font="Verdana,Arial,Sans-Serif,MS Sans Serif"][size="-1"]VCA Animal Medical Center
1550 Woodbury Ave.
Portsmouth, NH
(603) 436-4922
http://www.vcaanimalmedicalnh.com/

Dr. Fulton is one of the most thorough veterinarians I've ever met and takes the time to really make sure your pets are doing okay. She really cares about the health and well being of the animals, and carefully explains and answer questions from the owners. The entire team at the VCA Animal Medical Center is top notch!
[/size][/font][/size][/font]

Rockingham Emergency Veterinary Hospital
http://www.revh-nh.com/
3 Cobbett's Pond Road
Windham, NH 03087
(603) 870-9770
M-F 5pm-8am
Sat, Sun, Holidays - 24 hours

This is a new facility and was recommended to me as having vets who are familiar with rabbits. The facility is easy to get to and very clean. The staff is extremely friendly. When I had to take Pip there at 2am they offered us (my sister and I) cupcakes that the bakery across the street drops off for them at the end of the day (delicious!). They seemed pretty knowledgeable about rabbits and in an emergency I would definitely trust their opinions.

Canobie Lake Veterinary Hospital
http://www.canobievet.com/index.htm
Dr. Melissa Magnuson
(Dogs, Cats, Birds, Exotics)
61 Range Road
Windham, NH 03087
(603) 898-8982
M-F 7am-6pm

This place works closely with the Rockingham Emergency Veterinary Hospital and was recommended to me by them. They were able to squeeze Pippin in when it was suspected he may have a bladder stone. The staff was very friendly and Dr. Magnuson was very knowledgeable in rabbit care. She was very thorough and was able to get to the root cause of Pippin's problems. I would highly recommend her. The website says she does housecalls as well and will come to your house to do euthanasia when needed to make it more comfortable for all involved. She seems very caring and the facility was very clean and well staffed.

Latest posts

Back