Newspaper or not in grated top litter box?

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tweetiepy

Reaction score
I was wondering if I should continue to lay down newspaper in the bottom of my rabbit's litterbox. I'm using a cat-size litter box and I put a few layers of newspaper on the bottom. I then sprinkle wood pellets in the used corners and put a lighting grate on top. Now the newspaper does absorb a bit of the urine but I was wondering if it's better to leave it out.

Do you think it does anything additional?

i think it makes it easier to dump the mess when cleaning.
I had to stop using it because my bunnies would eat it or pull it out making a huge mess, I have the litterbox with the gate on top so they aren't standing in their own mess, but they seem to get through.

I don't use newspaper. The wood pellets are just fine in my boxes. If I have to clean the litter boxes, I use vinegar to soak the bottom and all the stains are cleaned. :)

:yeahthat: i definetely agree with Stan. I use just the wood stove pellets covered with the plastic mesh (from Wallyworld).

Cleanup is a breeze with water and vinegar a scrub brush from the dollar store. I also put alot of hay in the litter box for them to munch on.

Susan:)

Latest posts

Back