Newspaper Muppet!!!!

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
OK so Muppet has been escaping from her cage just as soon as we drop off to sleep. We put a clip on her door and she chewed there the zip ties of her condo. So now she is usually in bed with us in the morning.
So we have been waking up with Muppet on our pillows, Muppet sleeping under the blankets and even Muppet sleeping sprawled across our FACES!

So the last three mornings we have woken up completely blanketed in a layer of newspaper and Muppet on our pillow. The other morning I had a strip of paper across my forehead and she was right next to my face with a stripe twined around her ears....

She is so naughty with the getting out of her cage and now the newspapers. We can't take the newspapers away from her cause she gets upset and we can't kick her out of our room cause well.....she gets upset.

Any idea's?

Maybe you need to get one of those cages that the pet stores sell. This is JUST to keep her in at night. Might be a good idea might not. I can not stop laughing at what you posted. I can only imagine. I think that it might be time to experement with escape proof rabbit cages.

We actually tried to put her in another cage at night. We had a pet shop cage from when Fraggles was a baby. Muppet was still able to open the door. Even when I folded it over the top bars. She just gets right threw....

Didn't you know that Miss Muppet is a magician and simply practicing her excape act. OR she is trying to turn you into a pinata LOL

Apebull wrote:
OR she is trying to turn you into a pinata LOL

omg this is hysterical! hahaaaa!

I wish my bunnies would sleep in bed with me! Does Muppet ever leave a stray poo in your bed? Mine still like to "claim" the bed...

Nope Muppet does not poop the bed :) Lucky us....She would always sleep in bed with us if we let her. The problem is she covers us in papers or a shredded pizza box ect ect ect....I was told she was trying to mummify us.

Get binder clips along with the plastic ties. Their is no way in Hel! she will be able to open binder clips I use them also in my cages. Well not mine the bunnies. DAH!!!!

Or send her to me.

Susan:biggrin::biggrin2::biggrin2::biggrin2::yahoo::yahoo::weee::weee::tonguewiggle:tonguewiggle:tonguewiggle:tonguewiggle:tonguewiggle:tonguewiggle:tonguewiggle

SOOOSKA wrote:
Get binder clips along with the plastic ties.  Their is no way in Hel! she will be able to open binder clips I use them also in my cages. Well not mine the bunnies. DAH!!!!
I think that just about any rabbit can open a cage that has binder clips. How about you use those clips for dog leashes? Just use a lot of them.

I would also sugest that you make her a little bit upset by taking away the newspaper. She might not like it for a day or 2 but she will get over it and she can sleep with you.

Muppet is blind. She has a sensory issue when it comes to newspaper or anything that makes a rustling sound. She came from a rough start and the only thing she has ever really had consistently is newspaper. Newspaper at the pet store, newspaper in her first home as bedding and now newspaper to drag around the house. If we take them from her she huddles in her cage and sways her head slowly from side to side. I just can't do that to her....

Lanyard clips ftw! Or maybe bulldog clips, but I could totally see a clever bunny working those. Or, just start liking newspaper blankets. :p Maybe she thinks you're cold? If she really likes newspaper, it sounds like she's associating you guys with her favourite thing.

What about this type of clip?

479.jpg

I think it's adorable! She's bringing you gifts. I mean, it's her favorite thing, you should be honored that she's sharing it with you. :biggrin2: But I'm actually pretty jealous. I would totally deal with newspaper blankets for Teddy to sleep in my bed, but she likes to pee on the end of my bed, and obviously I can't put a litter box there. :(

I think you should take it as a compliment and accept your fate. Muppet loves you and she's bringing you gifts. I don't think I would have the heart to shut her in at night at all, fuzzies in the bed are always, well almost always, welcome. :)

Lucky you. Benjamin used to climb into bed and snuggle for hours. Derby is a boob. He will climb on the bed and route, jump on dad's head, eat the head board but will not snuggle. I personally would put up with the newspaper, it is clean just a little messy.

Latest posts

Back