Newly bonded rabbits and eating

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

daisyandparsley7

Reaction score
My rabbits are pretty much bonded as they have been together for almost two days and no fighting so far after months of dating. However when I feed them ( two separate bowls) one seems to take over and pretty much eats both bowls! She seems like a slow eater and takes her time but he definitely takes advantage of this! Any tips? Or does this generally work it's self out. I'm afraid she won't get enough to eat!

It's quite common, like in people, that some buns are big food hoovers and some buns are leisurely chewers. I definitely recommend feeding them separately, like putting the slow one up on a table to eat at her own speed without the faster eater coming to steal her food. That way you can monitor their health/food intake, and not only ensure the slow eater has enough to eat, but also that the fast eater doesn't overeat!

I tried and they wouldn't eat apart at all. So I had to put them back together so that they would eat. Once again though he seemed to totally take over but I'm going to hope that it gets better because now they won't even eat apart.

Latest posts

Back