Newborn rabbits!!!!

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Joe711

Reaction score
Ok so i got 2 new born bunnies!!!

And i got some questions..,

How can we tell there gender (what age?)

At what age does there color start showing?

-fathers a dutch....mothers a white with brown
Spots. (What color you guess?)

Also can u plz give me more tips plz....

you can sex them the first few days by looking at the distance from the anus to the private area, the holes that are really close=female, further apart=male (takes practice, I am right about 80% of the time now though) but you will not know for sure until about 5 weeks of age, sometimes later. their fur will start to come in and you will see color between 4-7 days, eyes will open between 10-16 days. a couple of days before or after the eyes open they should start jumping out of the box. I personally put them back in until all their eyes are open(just a personal thing) your buns will be weaned between 4-6 weeks of age, most are done by 5. they will slowly start eating "moms" food and thats when you know it is time to start placing small amounts of food and hay within their reach. As soon as they are out of the nest box water should be made available to them. If you think of any other questions just fire away. P.s. pull the nest box out by 4 weeks of age, it just becomes a toilet at that point, they will have enough fur to stay warm and will huddle together.

Awesome advice already given I don't have much to add. Colors can be told sometimes early on but when they get fur at around day 3-4 the color will really show.

If you post pictures we might be able to tell you the colors of the babies(once they grow fur) and the mom.

Latest posts

Back