Newborn kits.

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
A nestbox with good nesting materials will protect them...hay/straw and plenty of mom’s hair. The cage must be protected from the rain and wind.

This is one of my 5 day old lionhead kits, the mother has been feeding them once a day in the morning. Ive checked them after feedings and they usually have nice big bellies in the morning,however do they look wrinkled or dehydrated? Ive noticed even the legs look wrinkled, this is about 10 hours after a feeding or is this normal for a newborn kit?

Attachments

• 20190220_165814.jpg
    20190220_165814.jpg
    49.8 KB · Views: 17
This is one of my 5 day old lionhead kits, the mother has been feeding them once a day in the morning. Ive checked them after feedings and they usually have nice big bellies in the morning,however do they look wrinkled or dehydrated? Ive noticed even the legs look wrinkled, this is about 10 hours after a feeding or is this normal for a newborn kit?
If their bellys are round and have a white patch in their bellys (the milk) then I would say there getting enough, but I can't be sure without looking at their bellys.

If their bellys are round and have a white patch in their bellys (the milk) then I would say there getting enough, but I can't be sure without looking at their bellys.

This really isn’t always the case...we’ve had plenty of kits who were well fed and didn’t have the ‘ping pong ball’ belly with a white patch, especially if there are multiple kits in the litter.

I would venture to say your kit looks okay especially if it’s 10 hours after feeding, but a side view would be better.

Latest posts

Back