Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

laura d

Reaction score
hi ya my name is laura i bought a rabbit abouttwo mounths ago and he is lionhead breed he is an in door rabbit he isfine apart from he keeps biting and i dont no how to stop him fromdoing this he only does it when i let him out in the flat out of hiscage any suggestions please :D

Hi Laura,

Could you please explain a little bit more?
Does he bite you when you try to pick him up out of the cage?

regards,

MJ

Edit: Link Removed

hi ya when i let him out the cage and sit on thefloor with him him comes up and bites on my troussres and my back imnot sure why his name is jasper and he has a fluffy main he is onlyabout three months old i just dont no what to do he is lovley otherwise thanks ;)

Hi Laura,and welcome to the forum :D

do you have any pictures of your little boy?we would love to see him

cheryl

Hi Lauri,

well.. rabbits can bite for many different reasons:
  • Rabbits nip to say "I love you". This is usually accompanied by thebunny circling you, often grunting gently. What your bunny doesn'trealise is that bunny nips hurt!
  • Rabbits can also bite to get your attention, as in "Hello up there!! I'm down here !!! I need snacks NOW".
  • If you are in the bunny's way, he will bite you to get you to move.
  • If you reach your hand out to pat a rabbit's head, the rabbit maybite you in self defence. Rabbits can't see what is in front of theirnoses, and not being able so see what is touching them, they will biteyou. This is why rabbits will sniff something before taking a bite. Itsgood manners to put your hand out so your rabbit can see it's notthreatening, then stroke your bunny.
To stop your bunny nipping you, try squealing when you are bitten.Rabbits associate squeals with severe pain/fear. Hopefully the rabbitwill understand that biting hurts.

As your bunny is still very young (3 months old) I believe he justwants to play with you, but when he gets olders (> 6 months) andstill bites it is advisable to have him neutered.
It is a normal behaviour in male rabbits though.

regards,

MJ

Edit: Link Removed

thank you i wil give that a go i havent a picture of him yet but will do that as soon as thanks again:D

Latest posts

Back