New Zealand?

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ainsleys_mommy

Reaction score
How big do New Zealands get? Are there any other breeds that are white with red/pink eyes? There's a 7 pound, 6 month old female bun at work and I'm trying to figure out what she is.

New Zealands are larger bunnies, up to 12lbs.
If your bunny is small, lots of other breeds come in the REW..I had a REW Netherland dwarf that as an adult was only 2lbs.

A picture would really help :)

I don't have a picture of her. She's up for adoption at Petsmart. Her ears are really big and stand straight up.

She's only 6 months old and already weighs 7 pounds.

No, she definitely looks exactly like the New Zealand. Nothing like the Florida White, other than the fact she's white obviously

I see a LOT of New Zealands at pet shops and such, so most likely it is a New Zealand. They're really sweet and smart. I have a pair of them-REW male, red female- and they are incredibly sweet.

New Zealands are very calm, gentle and laid back rabbits. Yet they can be quite energetic and playful at the same time. They are great pets and love being pet and held.

newzealands are big babies. I have one that is sweet when she wants to be. other days she gets kind of nippy. Most that I have raised have excellent temeperment. they are one of the gentlest breeds.

Latest posts

Back