New Zealand rabbit

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ac11045

Reaction score
I have an aggressive rabbit and my parents said to sell it but I don't know where to help me out please

Some info would be helpful. Where are you? age of rabbit and history. Have you tried contacting rescue orgs? We have rescued 3 that were problematic and were scheduled to be euthanized and are all now model citizens. We train them rather than letting them train us. Sounds like you need to re-home to someone that knows how to handle a problem child.

Is your rabbit neutered? Is he an inside rabbit? Is he kept into a cage and for how long everyday? ? Neutered rabbits having a lot of time outside their cage and things to occupy themselves (carboard boxes, cisal mats, safe tree branches to nibble on...) are seldom agressive. Often, rabbits perceived as aggressive are territorial and they are only defending their territory because hormones tell them to do so and they have nothing better to do. We need more details to help you, but know that if your rabbit is not desexed you probably will have trouble solving your problems if you can't have him operated.

She's not spayed. she was supposed to be a show rabbit. she's inside we believe a year or so she's wasn't treated great at her last home. we live in Georgia. She is inside she's in her cage with an exercise Penn attached to it all day she has plenty of things to chew on but does chew on it. We have talked to rabbit organizations they said if they take her then she will be euthanized

You talked to the wrong ones, methinks. HRS will always work on correcting behaviors and then adopting. We got one thru Operation Roger and one from the Bunderground Railroad that were taken from shelters ahead of Euthanasia--they traveled a considerable distance to get here and are no longer tiny terrorists. Contact House Rabbit Society and see if they can help or offer suggestions--also, neutering helps. We would be glad to take her, but my health precludes a lot of traveling.

Oh no! Talk to a no kill shelter in your area. Some pet stores may even be able to direct you to these facilities who give rabbits and other critters a second chance.
Check this out before you make a hasty decision!

Latest posts

Back