New Zealand or Florida White? Age guesstimate?

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Happi Bun

Reaction score
This is Mr. Bean... My friend and I rescued him after he was dumped in a residential area. A local rabbit rescue I volunteer with agreed to take him in as one of their bunnies; my friend is fostering him. He acts like a young bunny. Very hyper and active. He looks to have more growing to do and is currently very disproportionate, similar to young horses. He also runs like a baby giraffe, lol. He has huge straight up ears, big back feet, and a somewhat long face. I believe he is a New Zealand White, what do you all think? Initially I thought Flemish Giant mix but I know now that is not correct. If he is a NZ, what would you guesstimate his age to be at 5 lbs? His testicles dropped at the beginning of this month and he was recently neutered.

2db36cdd.jpg

5d403219.jpg

Bad cell phone pic, but shows his build.

8ce55f3c-1.jpg

Hmm. No idea really. I would say Flemish as well, but a 5lb NZ is usually only about 3 months old, but that's on proper feed and everything.

He would have to be at least 4 months I think for his testicles to have dropped already, unless it was a little early.

I agree with New Zealand, and somewhere around 4-6 months.

He does have huge ears. haha :)

:bump

Thanks for the responses, though I'm still very confused on his breed.
At least now I am comfortable having his age guesstimated at 5 months old.

Latest posts

Back