New York Buns!

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
weeeee, ill be the first to post in awhile...

i live in Brewster New York!! Putnam County..

woohooo..

new yorkk bunsssssssss.

Hi, I'm getting a bunny next month, a Flemish giant rabbit, I live in westchester, an I'm rather exicted about the whole thing.

My boyfreind is sorta freak by my new and weird exictment about owning a little bunny, He is a good brooklyn boy, and has never heard of anyone owning a rabbit. Me being from the midwest, nebraska, rabbits where just one of many choices for a pet. thus I had 2 in my life, male and female.

I am wondering how the New Yorker people pick out a rabbit as a pet?

-Ana

Cool beans! Me and Chloe are representin'. XD
I'm pretty sure we're a minority in this borough. :/ Although every time we go for a walk on the main street we get stopped for pets and questions about pet bunnies! (I have to admit, I do my best to emphasize how much work they are.)

zednon wrote:
Hi, I'm getting a bunny next month, a Flemish giant rabbit, I live in westchester, an I'm rather exicted about the whole thing.

My boyfreind is sorta freak by my new and weird exictment about owning a little bunny, He is a good brooklyn boy, and has never heard of anyone owning a rabbit. Me being from the midwest, nebraska, rabbits where just one of many choices for a pet. thus I had 2 in my life, male and female.

I am wondering how the New Yorker people pick out a rabbit as a pet?

-Ana
Hi Ana! Welcome.

I'm from Brooklyn and frankly, when I first had a couple friends who had rabbits as pets I thought it was pretty exotic. But when I started to work with the rescue, it turns out tons of people get rabbits all the time in NYC.

A flemish giant is going to be so much fun. I hear they have a wonderful gentle personality :)

Rabbits are becoming increasingly popular as pets in the city because they make excellent apt pets! They're quiet, they require relatively less space to run around, they don't need to be walked, they can be litter box trained. Technically speaking, if you were hush about it, no landlord would ever know you had one unless they came and inspected your home! :ph34r2

Plus they're just wonderful little companions. And so darn cute to boot. :)

Kitty88 wrote:
I'm pretty sure we're a minority in this borough. :/ Although every time we go for a walk on the main street we get stopped for pets and questions about pet bunnies! (I have to admit, I do my best to emphasize how much work they are.)
You walk your bunny in the sidewalk? That's so cute! I never considered it. I'm like "ew, the sidewalks are so dirty" LOL - I know plenty of people walk their buns in central park and stuff. I see pix and hear about it all the time. I cannot get my bunnies into a harness for my life, so it just isn't going to happen for my bunnies :grumpy

kirbyultra wrote:
Kitty88 wrote:
You walk your bunny in the sidewalk? That's so cute! I never considered it. I'm like "ew, the sidewalks are so dirty" LOL - I know plenty of people walk their buns in central park and stuff. I see pix and hear about it all the time. I cannot get my bunnies into a harness for my life, so it just isn't going to happen for my bunnies :grumpy
I bought a harness for Baci. Took forever to get it on him. We took him for a walk on the driveway or more like nudging him. The 2nd time we tried it, before we even got out the front door, he wiggled free of it.I can only imagine what happenedif he was outside!:scared:So that was the end of going out for a walk. Now we just carry him.

This girl came into Petco on Monday with her baby Lionhead. Blue eyes I think, very cute! She was just holding him in 1 arm like a baby. It made my insides wiggle with worry. I wouldn't trust a baby bun in my arms walking around the city. But then again, she might know her bun. I just... worry!

I just can't imagine my bun running around on the loose by accident. It scares me half to death.

I'm from New York! Kingston, to be exact (across the river from Poughkeepsie). Hometown's Beacon (across the river from Newburgh.) So many Weschester and Rodchesters. @_@ I have family in both places but very rarely ever venture out of Ulster and Duchess County. Dx

Hello All! I am Missy here with Cadbury, Baloo, and the rest of my owners:) I also am from UP UP UP state NY, Mooers to be exact. I am on the Northeast Canadian Border. Albany is about 2-2/1/2 hours south of me on I-87.

Latest posts

Back