New User

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Let me know about his head shape if you can. Our guy came from a backyard breeder a couple years ago. Well, a different person took him from the backyard breeder temporarily, and then was not able to permanently care for him and his brother, and needed to rehome both due to mother moving into their apartment and her children and dog and cat taking priority.

He has a very narrow pinhead shape. He is not the nicest bunny. OTOH, we fostered for a short time an agout boy found as a stray. Ralph, Regal, Big Handsome ... he had several name changes. He transitioned out of a shelter that was not educated or savvy wrt rabbit care.
That boy, Regal man Big Handsome, was the sweetest big fellow ever (after he got neutered). Spray, spray, spray was his focus up until neuter. Hubby still misses him.

I just wonder about our fawn guy's narrow head structure? Would something like that affect our current Flemmie's personality?

The local shelter currently has an obese 4 y.o. female that was only getting fed pellets, no hay. The 4H family surrendered her. My volunteer friend mentions she is feisty, and she is a very lovely silver color with a wider head shape!

Attachments

• bighandsomebyfruitbasket -mar12        -2013.jpg
    bighandsomebyfruitbasket -mar12 -2013.jpg
    62.8 KB · Views: 7
Let me know about his head shape if you can. Our guy came from a backyard breeder a couple years ago. Well, a different person took him from the backyard breeder temporarily, and then was not able to permanently care for him and his brother, and needed to rehome both due to mother moving into their apartment and her children and dog and cat taking priority.

He has a very narrow pinhead shape. He is not the nicest bunny. OTOH, we fostered for a short time an agout boy found as a stray. Ralph, Regal, Big Handsome ... he had several name changes. He transitioned out of a shelter that was not educated or savvy wrt rabbit care.
That boy, Regal man Big Handsome, was the sweetest big fellow ever (after he got neutered). Spray, spray, spray was his focus up until neuter. Hubby still misses him.

I just wonder about our fawn guy's narrow head structure? Would something like that affect our current Flemmie's personality?

The local shelter currently has an obese 4 y.o. female that was only getting fed pellets, no hay. The 4H family surrendered her. My volunteer friend mentions she is feisty, and she is a very lovely silver color with a wider head shape!

I only have one picture of him as the breeder has been busy, but have images of his father and mother and their heads are rather broad.

I'll get more when we pick him next weekend.

Not sure that would have anything to do with temperament however, unless yours has another breed that's more fiesty in his background - or meat rabbit bloodline since those aren't always bred to standard. Obviously depends on breeder in that case.

Sorry, first time bun owner so I did a ton or research ;_;.

Thanks @Stormrunner . This helps to know your boy/girl has a broader head shape!

Image cropped so that the BG isn't in there, the breeder took the image on the fly when I asked for photo - but has been very busy so this was almost 3 weeks ago (Feb 25) almost. This is him and his brother (He is the one standing, his brother is the flop in front).

He will technically be almost 15 weeks old when we pick him up. I'll definitely get more later :).

Attachments

• Bun Crop.jpg
    Bun Crop.jpg
    158.5 KB · Views: 4
Thank you @Stormrunner . Our narrow-head guy is unlike the other Flemmie's that came through our foster network.

I understand how excited you are to welcome a Flemish to Love! Our 7 month old boy grew up quickly. Babies always do.

This surrendered gal to shelter was middle age. Dunno if she had a mix in her? Her head looks broader than our fawn boys's head structure.

Attachments

• JSBPhotoCR_LizzyJustChillingOnAngelaOct28.jpg
    JSBPhotoCR_LizzyJustChillingOnAngelaOct28.jpg
    110.4 KB · Views: 5

Latest posts

Back