New-Update on Jack (RIP sweet Jack)

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hey Crystal!....how have you been?...I have been thinking about you and Snuffycause i don't see much of youaround here

Jack goes back to the vet on the 22nd which is a Tuesdayat 4:40pm....gosh i have so many question's for Jonathon

Ok i didn't mention anything this morning cause i didn't want you all to think i was being an over reactive idiot!....but Jack wasn't doing to well this morning...I have just come home from work to check up on him.....he seems to be deteriorating at a fast pace....i didn't think this would happen as fast as it is....he kept leaning to his right side like his legs are about to give way.....he's losing so much weight fast......i have already called the vet and they are gonna have to try to squeeze him in today

I broke down and cried at work,i just couldn't hold it in anymore....the superviser is an animal lover so she understands...thank goodness...she said i should go home.

This is literally breaking my heart...and i know that i'm going to have to make a painful choice sometime soon :(

Hi Cheryl,

I'm sorry to hear that Jack isn't doing well and he is deteriorating fast. I know what's it's like.

My girl Monsters had problems and it looked like in her last week's she was getting better but in the end she got worse and I had to let her go.

:pray: I'll be thinking of you and Jack

{{CHERYL}}

Thanks guys,

I cannot tell you all just how worried i was this morning,i worried so much that i was making myself feel sick in the stomache....

Anyway we got to the vet and seen Jonathon.....he took Jack out of his basket so he could see how his hopping was....he was dragging his feet a little more this morning and he seemed a bit unsteady even when he was sitting.

Well Jonathon said in his own words...'i'm not going to put this bunny to sleep just yet'....he said as long as he still cleans himself can get here to there...is not sitting in his wee and poo then he will be ok for a while...he told me not to worry so much about the way he's hopping at the moment...while he's talking to me i'm standing therewith tears running down my face like an idiot...i cry a lot when i'm stressed out...i know i'm silly...he also explained about him losing the weight,he said it will get much worse yet...it's cause of his condition.....he also did not prescribe any stronger medication....and also i had explained that i'm scared of not knowing when it's time to let him go....Jonathon said he will help me make that choice when the time is right.

Jonathon also said that Jack will have his good day's and then he will have his bad day's.

This is a learning experience for me....and i will keep updating on Jack cause i know it may help someone else one day

Anyway when i wrote my other post i was just so very worried at the time....and it's just hard to watch...ya know....so thankyou again you guys...i appreciate everything

Oh honey. This is exactly why I'm not waiting to buy a nice new camera so I can have lots of pictures of my two guys. I want to go home right now and hug my bunnies.

I laid down on the floor with them before I went to work tonight, and put my head to theirs. We do that sort of thing, lol. It's one of my ways of telling them I love them, and also hoping they'll share some bunny wisdom with me. :)

Please take care, and keep posting how Jack is doing from day to day.

Ok i have just finished cooking tea now....i can finally sit down and relax a bit more now.

Gordon...i was really scared this morning....and now i feel more like an idiot by crying at work...but i just couldn't help it....everyone told me not to worry bout it and just go home to be with Jack.

Your right about the camera....i went and brought just a cheaper one today....it's nothing like my old one which i liked....i have no time to wait to buy a really good one....that can come later now as the one i just bought today will do the job just fine,at least now i can start taking pictures again....so i will be able to update my blog with new pictures and now i can post pictures of Jack,i can even take a video of the way he hops now,so i can show you all....so i will get them this weekend.

Umm i am so stupid that i really thought i was going to have to make that hard choice today...it is a hard thing to make....have been there before:(

I love my bunnies so darn much!

Jack say's thankyou to you guys for thinking about him....he appreciates it also

Big hugs. It's not going to be an easy road, but there will be good days along with the bad. You will know when the time is right. Many bunnies with this condition live for a while with it, some don't. Best wishes to you guys~~

Cheryl... I just want to say that I'm very sorry you and Jack are going thru this. I can fully appreciate how you are feeling (trust me, I'm the same way) and it's sometimes just hard to even get thru the day due to the worry... so please do not feel silly or whatever. Just breath... and try to spend as much time with Jack as you can while you have him. He knows you love him... and are doing your best for him.

(((HUGS)))
Sandra

Thankyou to the both of you,

Oh the worry is just terrible,i close my eyes to go to sleep at nightand all i can think about for hours and hours is Jack..the more i worry the more my poor heart races so fast.

It's six in the morning here and i got up and checked on Jack...he's not really hopping at the moment,he was trying to kinda hop but his legs keep dragging...i can see he's using all the strength he has...this is happening so fast and just didn't expect this just yet..but he can still sit up and clean himself just fine....he was cleaning his ears when i got up just before.

But the strange thing is now he's starting to nip some of the other bunnies....they were just sitting there and Jack just nipped them for nothing....I don't know if he's mad about what's going on with him...I don't even know if he would know what's going on.

I'm really scared though of not knowing when the time is right cause i think with my heart and not my mind....i know...i just gotta stop that.

And also i hate going to work and leaving him:(

Cheryl... the best thing you can do is make sure you're taking care of yourself. When Jacub was getting worse I was worrying myself right into a terrible state. The best thing I did was to take some time to get away from it all... and to get some much needed sleep, and make sure I was eating enough. You need to recharge your system, so that the anxiety won't be so bad. So get out for a walk with a friend, or a movie... something to get your mind off it... and do this every day. Jack is doing o'kay. He may not be feeling fantastic... but he's still feeling good enough to eat and to move and to clean. I figure it's got to be a good sign that his doc doesn't want to give him a stronger pain med... right? Must mean that the pain isn't too bad at this point. I know very well that it's easier said than done... but try your best not to worry. Jack's not worried about what will happen tonight, or tomorrow... or what happened yesterday. He's simply enjoying the now. Cuddle with him... give him his fav veggies. When he's no longer enjoying the now... then you'll know that it may be time.

I'm thinking of you!!!
(((HUGS))) again.
Sandra

Sandra everything you wrote is just so true...i just wish i wasn't a worrier...i try and stop it but it's hard....i really just don't know....i have been getting up like 4:30 in the morning just to check on Jack....i wake up and the first thing i do is worry...it's terrible and it drives me crazy how i worry all the time....i did the same thing when my Pippi was sick from having health issues due to EC.

You know i go to work and all i do is worry about Jack,i worry about what is going on while i'm not there....i really wish i could be more calm...i just don't know how to stop...but really everything you wrote makes so much sense...i just don't know how to stop this crazy worrying...that's why yesterday i had to come home from work cause the worrying was eating me up and that's why i just cried at work cause it was getting to me....my mum is always saying that one day i'm gonna give myself a heart attackcause i worry bout everything..

Anyway i'm starting to see what Jonathon means when he said that Jack will have his good days and bad days....yesterday he was doing terrible..he was dragging his poor little legs a bit....this morning he was kinda doing the same but not as bad....but now which is 8:30pm he is hopping a tiny bit better,his legs still drag though...and i'm also noticing that he is really trying to correct his hopping...what an amazing little bunny he is you know.....but also i'm noticing his right side seems to be a bit more worse than the left.

I know he is just going to get worse...and i know i shouldn't worry bout whats gonna happen later i should just worry bout the now.....he will never hop like a normal bunny anymore....i think that is what hits me hard...is watching the way he hops...boy, doesit really hit me hard!

I just don't do well in stressful situations...never have..

Thanks Sandra:)

Cheryl... I really think we are just two peas in a pod... that's why we can totally relate so wellto each other aboutthe worry. Can you get some "flower essence"? I think it's called Bach Flower Essence... hmmm... I'll have to look tonight. But I got that to add to my bunnies water during bonding years ago... it just helps to calm them. Well anyways, I tried it one time (a few drops under the tongue)... and holy cow... it really worked!! If you can find it you may get some relief. Either that or a good stiff drink or two :p

Trust me tho I ""really"" do understand.

One day at a time... one moment at a time if necessary... many :hug:

Sandra

Hey Sandra,your awesome...thanks for not thinking i'm some kind of crazy over worryingperson lol....sometimes i do wonder how i must be coming across to everyone...but i'm just 'me'..you know?!.

Is this flower essence for bunnies or people....can you tell me where abouts i could find this stuff?i know i live in Australia but at least i will have some idea where to look...i'm curious about it....and anything is worth a tryto stop this darn worrying.

Jack did a funny thing tonight...i was giving him his medication and as i went to press the end of the syringe...he chinned it lol.

I wonder what medicam must taste like cause every bunny that has had to have it has never ever knocked it back...or i just have good lil bunnies

How's the rest of your group handling Jack? You mentioned he was starting to nip at them... Just wondering how they're dealing with Jack's situation. Who is his best friend in your group?

Hey Gordon,

Usually Jack gets along with every bunny except for Riley....he hates Riley!....i don't know what was up with him last night...Marley was just sitting there and Jack just went and nipped her for nothing....i was very surprised by that and i just didn't know why he did such a thing...Marley just hopped away...quickly...then he did it to Zak...luckily Zak didn't do anything back...he hopped away as well....it was just really strange...i started to think that i was going to have trouble...but things seem ok tonight...just normal....he loves snuggling up to Charlie and Chocolate Bunnyand that is where he was when i said goodnight to the bunnies...when i came home from work this eveninghe was with Marley...so i just don't know what was up with him....i thought he was just taking his anger out on them...i don't know....weird!

Latest posts

Back