new things you've tried; how well did they work?

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

LakeCondo

Reaction score
Here's something I tried & it worked great: :weee:

I needed a tile to help keep Honey cool. I ran into the problem that other people have had: it's difficult if not impossible to find a way to buy only 1-2 tiles. Then I realized that it didn't have to be a tile, anything ceramic that was close to flat would work. Anyway, Honey now has a ceramic serving platter that she lays in. It was on sale Friday for $10 at Walmart.

Question though: you're supposed to get 2 & keep one cool & rotate them. But how long do they stay cooler than usual after you take it from the freezer [assuming I had room in the freezer, lol]? I'm wondering if Honey would notice I'd done a switch, while the new one were still cooler.:?

Good idea on the platter! My home depot and lowes sell tiles seperate but i worry bout the edges hurting them

I didnt think about that. I have a grajite cutting board my grandpa sandd and shaped. Im sure i could find a sander in my parents basement :)

I'm adding a small frozen bottle on top of the platter, to keep it cool. I don't know how much Honey is using either one. Every time I check on her she's laying in her dig box. It's been in the 90s all weekend. But the platter was hot to the touch this afternoon, so she must have moved from it not long before. Maybe I'll put another small frozen bottle into her dig box.

Latest posts

Back