New Rabbit Won’t Eat Old Food?

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Hoolia

Reaction score
is this even a real problem?? It seems like maybe a problem, I don’t wanna upset his tummy but like... the boy wants what he wants i guess????
Muffin has been on essentially the same diet for 7 years. I brought him home on friday, mixed a liiittle bit of my food in with his old food and so far the new food is all he’ll eat. He has not touched or even shown interest in his old food. Do I just switch him right over to the new food entirely?

If you mixed old and new already then no need in trying new for now. How long since he's not eating, like 10 mins or 10 hours? Is it only with the pellets or with all other foods, hay, vegs etc

he wasnt really eating on saturday which i realized was because he also wasnt drinking. Before i freaked out about something being wrong, i put the water in front of his face and he drank for like 20 minutes. (He didnt drink because he wont leave the litter box and the water bowl was just outside of it) so last night he started eating again but was still only eating the new pellets and left his old food untouched again. He’s never been a big hay eater so im not surprised he hasnt eaten much hay. He doesnt eat many veggies in his normal diet either so i dont wanna offer them to him yet and risk upsetting his stomach more while he’s under new house stress.

If he's accepting the new pellets, no need to keep giving him the old. Some rabbits can switch without any issue. Others are too picky and need to be transitioned slowly.

What pellets did you switch him to?

I gave him a full bowl of the new pellets before i left for work this morning, the bowl is now half empty and his poops have gone back to normal in size!
All my rabbits eat Selective Naturals: Grain Free pellets

Latest posts

Back